What's new
World Wide Stereo

The back of my subwoofer, please help! (1 Viewer)

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I'm currently using one rca wire from the back of the subwoofer to the receiver. I do have 2 rca connections on the back of the subwoofer and my friend told me to buy a y-cable, and then to connect that to a subwoofer cable that is hooked to the receiver.

Should I do that? Will is make any difference?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Y splitter to both sub connectors (L&R) will field a 6dB increase in most subs (depends how they are internally wired). This is what I did with my own sub.

Moved to speakers/subwoofers

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
hm interesting, how will that field number you stated help my overall subwoofer power and sound?

p.s. thanks for moving the topic here, i didn't realize until now that i had posted this in display

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You don't need to bother really. The L/R inputs are summed then amplified. One side should work just fine. Turning up the volume accomplishes the samet hing.

terence

Supporting Actor
The Y splitter to both sub connectors (L&R) will field a 6dB increase in most subs (depends how they are internally wired). This is what I did with my own sub.
This is definatly true when i had it hooked like that at first on mine. I decided to go with out the Y-Adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks