What's new

HELP WITH LG SJ5Y-S SOUNDBAR & MISSING ACTIVE WIRELESS SUBWOOFER (1 Viewer)

orochimatt

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
HI ALL

I NEED SOME HELP FINDING A WIRELESS SUBWOOFER FOR MY LG SJ5Y-S BAR, I BOUGHT SECONDHAND WITH ITS SUBWOOFER BUT THE SELLER DID NOT SEND THE SUBWOOFER... NOW HE WILL NOT REPLY TO ME SO IM STUCK WITH A SOUNDBAR THAT CANT BE USED WITH FULL SYSTEM, I WAS GOING TO BUY THE WIRELESS REAR SPEAKER SET SPJ4, NOW I DONT EVEN HAVE A SUBWOOFER.

THE PROBLEM IS I LIVE IN UK AND THIS SOUNDBAR SJ5Y-S 320watt IS ONLY SOLD IN AMERICA THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS 2nd IS SJ4Y-S 300watt, ITS TOO EXPENSIVE TO SEND THIS BACK TO SELLER AND NO POINT AS IT WORKS AND SOUNDS GREAT, BUT I NEED A SUBWOOFER 200watt OR MORE.....

THIS SOUNDBAR HAS A LOT OF CONNECTIONS, USB, HDMI, HDMI ARC, OPTICAL, PORTABLE IN 3.5 JACK, SIMPLE LINK HDMI CEC, BLUETOOTH.

DOES SOMEONE KNOW OR HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF GETTING ANY WIRELESS OR WIRED SUBWOOFER TO WORK WITH THIS SOUNDBAR ???

TAKING IT APART IS AN OPTION AND I'M VERY GOOD AT FIXING OR MODDING APPLIANCES, MAKING IT WIRED OR MAKING A SUBWOOFER.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO TELL ME ITS NOT WORTH IT OR ITS RUBBISH OR ANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH LG SOUNDBARS...
I SIMPLY NEED SOMEONES THOUGHTS AND IDEAS OR THERE KNOW HOW ON HOW TO GET THIS TO WORK.

THERE ARE MANY SUBWOOFERS THAT HAVE WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY, COULD ANY OF THOSE WORK OR BE MODIFIED TO WORK ???
HERE IS A LINK TO MY SOUNDBAR
https://www.lg.com/us/home-audio/lg-SJ5Y-S-sound-bar

PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING GUYS
CHEERS

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
First off, welcome.

Second off, please stop yelling at us (all CAPS)

So you can't buy a sub from Ebay, Amazon, or direct from LG?

I sure wouldn't try to tear apart and modify the bar, probably wouldn't help and could mess things up.

orochimatt

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
Hiya
Thanks for the reply...
I wasn't yelling was making sure everybody could read and understand what I was explaining...

Thanks for your info... though there's nothing real crazy in the soundbar...
I know there exist receivers that you can add to make a subwoofer wireless Rocketfish for example... the problem is I need to know if someone has used a different subwoofer with this soundbar... how to get it to work... if it just uses bluetooth ...
or maybe its using 2.4ghz signal... i have no idea... short of me paying so much money to have a single subwoofer sent from America... it would have to be that of same model number... though nobody sells it separately.

Or could I use one of the connections to hard wired a subwoofer...? to use a wired subwoofer...

Sorry for yelling

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks