What's new

The Bachelorette - will you be watching? (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
AWWW how sweet.

From the previews of tomorrow, it looks like they might make it. Too bad I won't see this as it is during Friends and Scrubs.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Well that was surprising!

I couldn't help but feel, however, that the proposal and acceptance seemed a bit forced.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, score one for the sensitive guy. I'd tape it, and watched the last 15 minutes this morning. I think Trista went for the guy who went out on a limb each and every time they were together. Perhaps being a fireman helped Ryan amp up his courage and throw caution in the wind as he continued to woo Trista with poems, drawings, and tender thoughts throughout the "process".

I'm glad slick Charlie was sent home with his ego shattered. Never liked him from the get-go, and he seems too materialistic and into style over substance. I think Trista was able to discern that side of Charlie and decided to go for the supportive/protective guy that Ryan was over the GQ looks of Charlie.

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Well, color me shocked - SHOCKED I say!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Especially after my previous post. Makes me wonder if ABC was sending out disinformation. I was rooting for Ryan for quite awhile but never thought he'd be the final one.
My take on Trista's choice is that with her looks, guys like Charlie are a dime a dozen for her. She's probably dated numerous Charlie-types in the past, but guys like Ryan are much more rare. She made the right choice IMO. It will be interesting to see if one of these TV matches actually makes it to the altar.
I'll definitely be taping the Bachelor/Bachelorette follow-up tonight as well. Looks interesting.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is WOW!! I thought for sure she was going to pick Charlie. What a shock!! Even when Charlie came out of limo first I thought it was just ABC mixing up the format to keep the viewers on their toes - was I ever wrong!

The nice guy doesn't always finish last!!

I agree with you Mark, I think that Charlie is the type of guy that Trista has dated in the past for better or for worse, and that Ryan is so completely different that she fell for him. Ryan seems to be such a good soul, and that may be what Trista needs (I do think that she will be the one to wear the pants in that relationship). It would be nice to see the two of them make it (in every interview she has given recently she continually states that she is in love).

It was definitely a shocker - and a great one at that! Tonight's episode looks like it could be good. It will be interesting to see how Charlie, Ryan and Trista interact with each other. As for Aaron and Helene, it's old news that they are no longer together and I think this will be a "who can come out looking better" type of thing. It was intriguing that they interview them separately "upon Helene's request" - I guess there may be some bitterness there.

This was a great ending to a well done show (much better than the Bachelor).

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Even when Charlie came out of limo first I thought it was just ABC mixing up the format to keep the viewers on their toes
I said the same thing to my wife at the time :)
I give this show two big :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
BTW, if anyone watched the previous Bachelor with Aaron picking Helene, what do you think about Gwen being the next Bachelorette? She was the one booted when there were 3 left because Aaron felt that she didn't really love him, which made her cry when she heard it on the reunion show. She was very attactive IMHO and well-grounded also.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you watched how Trista interacted with Ryan and Charlie in the previous "dates" I always came away thinking she was more at ease with Ryan because he was never "in her face" and always supportive, which suits her personality better. Whenever she'd be talking with Charlie, she seem to talking to him in the third person.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Right before they showed who she picked - I told my wife - it is going to be Ryan. I had thought Charlie all along until her family made a few comments.

When her mom was saying Ryan was so different than every other guy, and Charlie was the one they would expect her to pick, I thought, Ryan is it. I thought this because if she had dated guys like Charlie all of the time, why was she still single? Obviously those were the guys you date, not marry. It seemed like she finally found the type she was looking for, and it was different than all of the Mr. Wrongs in the past. Also, I told my wife, she seems more natural with Ryan, and her conversations with Charlie seem more "forced", especially their last date, where their conversation seemed akward. I also said Charlie seems like the aggressive type to me, who is so outgoing, that I think he would get bored with Trista after a while, and that Ryan seemed like he was more into her emotionally. I could be totally wrong, as I have only seen what the editors give us, but that is what the impression I got. I think Trista sensed that as well, when she said she didn't think Charlie was totally in love with her, like Ryan was. I also said that Charlie and Trista are so much a like, that I think they would drive each other crazy after a while. It is hard to make a call when all you see is an hour, and edited and spliced together scenes.

Also, from watching Joe Millionaire, it was obvious that the editors were trying to get you to think it was Charlie, which immediately made me suspicous and figure it was Ryan. And as I read somewhere before, once someone on a reality shows declares that they are sure they are the winner, they are immediately taken out!

I can't say I guessed Ryan because I could sense it all along, but rather using what the editors were doing to try and make us think it was Charlie. It became clear to me they were setting us up for a surprise.

Bryan

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Anyone notice the 16x9 video of the Ryan and Charlie's final pleas being shown on the plasma screen? When it switched from Trista watching to directly on our screens, you could tell there was picture missing on the sides. A few HD cameras around perhaps?

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Bob, however, would make a great Bachelor.
Charile. He is way more polished than the other two guys. Kind of like Trista. She overshown the gal who was selected over her. In this case, both Charlie and Ryan were good choices though. I agree the girls were better in their selection.
Besides, I want to see the guys top the last bunch who had toga parties, pissed on their bed, slept with dogs - literally - , took drugs - allegedly - and probably did way more stuff than we ever heard about.
Let's get Amanda, Alex's enhanced hottie. I'll bet she would try on a few guys. Then we would get some interesting interviews from the ones who lost out, in the final selection that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks