What's new

The Bachelorette - will you be watching? (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Absolutely not. I don't watch much television but when I do it's either sports or the news. I'd much rather watch one of my Powerpuff Girls DVDs:)

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I think not. I can still proudly say that I've never sat through an entire episode of any reality TV show (including the first Survivor, which everyone and their uncle seemed to be watching 'round here), and though the Bachelorette definitely is easy on the eyes, that's just not enough to make me sit through what promises to be an excruciating hour (or half-hour -- however long it is).
Besides, I live in LA. If I want to watch drop-dead gorgeous women, I can just head for Rodeo Drive....:D

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
The bachelor was good because there was many attractive ladies.
Couldn't bare to watch bachelorette more than few minutes because with all the testesterone standing in the room reminded me too much of a gang-bang situation...nasty!

DeeF

Screenwriter
DavidGT,

It hadn't occurred to me before, but your 'gang-bang' theory is quite true, really, and that is why many more people will watch this version. It's about the girl taking on all the guys...

Funnily enough, it reminded me more of a sports event. We're used to seeing rooms filled with men.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Well, after tonight, I've seen a lot of nice bodies, but I don't think there's a smart one in the whole group. Bob? the fat, funny one is the smartest they've got. Russ is clearly a jerk, and the fireman? did you hear that poem? Well, it ain't Shakespeare. I liked the basketball player until the credits ran and I saw him wasted. What a waste of nice looks.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I will not be watching. The novelty of these "Reality" shows has completely worn off for me. You can add American Idol 2 and Star Search and all other talent show type shows to my list of "Thanxxx, but no thanxxx" TV shows.

I watched the last quarter of the first Survivor series only because eveyone was constantly talking about it. Still don't understand it's appeal. I must confess, I watched the whole first season of American Idol. I'm not proud of that fact, but I did and I can't say I even enjoyed it, but I did watch it, but I won't be back for this season.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Apparently, I'm the only one watching this show.

But it is shaping up quite interestingly.

Bob, the fun, fat guy, was cut tonight.

It is now between smooth, rich Charlie, hot-to-trot Russ, singer guy (can't remember his name) and Ryan, the sensitive poet (who's also a lowly fireman). Charlie seems educated, sophisticated, but a little too slick, like the perfect Christmas present from Tiffany's that you can't use. Ryan is a sweet guy, but a bad poet, and not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I think the singer guy and Russ will be out next week, which means, she's basically choosing between rich and poor, smart and dumb. Both Charlie and Ryan are nice looking enough. But if she "felt" the same about both of them, why choose Ryan, and face that kind of life? Also, he doesn't live in California.

Rich vs. poor, smart vs. dumb, Charlie vs. Ryan, that's how I see it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Russ is the kind of guy you hated in high school.

Charlie is the kind of guy you hated right after college.

Singer dude is the kind of guy you hated because he could sing and have the women fawn over him.

Poet guy is the kind of guy who needs a certain type of woman to be impressed with his game. Trista ain't that girl in the long run.

Unfortunately, I think Trista will choose between Charlie and Russ, both with the depth of the wading pool at the local YMCA.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Here's my question that I posed to my roomate while flipping to this during the commercials of American Idol.

What's wrong with Trista?

She's way to hot to still be single. Somebody surely would have snatched her up by now. His guess was that she's probably a bitch in real life or something. My guess is that she's got some emotional issues. Either way, there's no way she should still be available while pushing 30.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Well, how about Charlie?

He's 28, a securities analyst, financially secure, totally gorgeous.

During last night's episode, Charlie mentioned to Trista that a previous partner had cheated on him. What?

If I were Trista, I'd be asking, "What's up with Charlie, that a previous partner had to cheat, and he felt compelled to tell me about it?"

Could he be gay? Or perhaps, impotent, or just really, really dull, or maybe, he gets abusive in a relationship?

Trista's not the brightest thing around -- I'm guessing she's had many, many relationships and trysts, and that's why she's not married, at this point. Some people are just too "hot" to get married (and clearly, that's what she's looking for in a mate, too).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Charlie could just be really materialistic. The way he kept going on and on about how much every cost on the date would have been a big turn-off for most people.

I wonder if Trista gets to see any of this footage where the guys just shoot the breeze out of her presence?

Alex-C

Screenwriter
She's a total phony. Almost everything that comes out her mouth is b.s. Of course, much of that is a by-product of the show's premise.

IMHO, she'll chose that rich slick dude (not Russ, the other), so she can get wined and dined for a while and then move on.

I think they should re-insert that cowboy, what's his name: Brooke or whatever, the one she kind of butted heads with, just to make it interesting.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
My take on Trista: if you saw the first Bachelor, it was clear that she had some emotional baggage. I think that's what interested Alex in keeping her around until the end (as well as she was hot). I know I love a challenge and trying to figure out Trista would have been intriguing.

She's a bit different now or at least that's how she seems to be portrayed this time around. I still think she has some emotional issues that have prevented her from sustaining some long term relationships. As others have questioned, why is she still available? Good looking and a children's PT (implies caring, likes kids, financially stable)? So from the "spec sheet", she looks great. Give her a run in real life, maybe those negative intangibles might be a deal breaker.

Bob

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I love the dilemna that was presented tonight. Charlie: "I won't sleep with you or want to be selected if you decide to strap on one of the other guys."
Trista: "Well, being intimate is part of my selection process."
Trista knows that there is one guy that she has at the top of the list. Might as well bed him to make sure he isn't hiding any ahem deficiencies in size or performance.
If she finds out something unsatisfactory about his ahem performance, then she has two others to check out. If she can get her top selection to date first, then she need not worry about the others. If the first is deficient, then it will be interesting to see how she handles the rest of the staff.
Can we get a follow up from the producers on Mark, the mole guy, and Shannon. She was my favorite from the first show and it was good to see her again. Mark confessed that he had the hots for her. I don't think he cared if Trista picked him or not. He was going to make a play for Shannon.
There are so many candles around the mansion, that I can't help but think that there are a few that burn a little brighter than Trista.
Watching her prance around in her bikini, I can't help but think of the best line from this whole series of shows. Chris was washing her down and to retain his composure he told himself to think of "Dead rats, dead rats."
Now that she has had a taste of the good life, I think Trista will be a high maintenance girlfriend/wife. When she checks out the future in-laws, we may begin to see which guy falls in line.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Just as I predicted, Russ, Charlie, and Ryan.
Unfortunately, I think it will come down to Russ vs. Charlie. Trista is too used to the good life to give Ryan a chance -- he simply can't measure up in the luxury department, and it seems important to Trista.
But tonight, I thought Russ showed his true colors -- he's finally stressed about this. I liked his family, though. But tonight, he's the one that seemed gay, to me. And he's the least nice looking of the three.
Finally, I guess Charlie will win. His mother didn't seem at all happy about it.
P.S. It turns out that Ryan is a model in Denver -- check out this link.
http://www.maxtalent.com/index.cfm?f...ldPhoto=RYAN44
So much for the innocent fireman. Frankly, they all deserve each other. As if you could base a relationship on a reality show...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Greg's apartment doomed him.

Charlie's mom was really grilling Trista, I wouldn't want her as my mom-in-law.

Russ's family's okay, but Russ still gives me the heebie-geebies.

Ryan's the dark horse, but Trista seems to really respond well to him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else get tired of the (paraphrased) "stick around and watch to see who gets his ego shattered" tagline for each commercial break?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks