What's new

The Amazing Race 10 (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Not a bad start to start the new season.

Do agree that it was kinda dumb to get rid of somebody so soon with the first elinination. When Phil said there would be a suprise for the team that came in last, well I was actually thinking that they would perhaps be placed on the first bus or whatever thus moving them from last to first place...so I was kinda floored when Phil said "You have been eliminated".

other than that, not a bad start...although I missed the start of the show because my DIRECTV DVR lost it's signal for some reason (been having problems) and I had to do a reboot and whatnot during the first 20 minutes of the show...I know they started in Seattle, but i would have liked to seen it since up until about a year ago, my wife and I lived there. My DVR is being replaced tomorrow, so hopefully no more hiccups...

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
When I saw the mat I suspected they were gone, but I was hoping for something as above to mess with the others' heads.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I missed the very beginning but I figured it was somewhere in the seattle vincinity because

1) They were looking for I-5
2) It was raining. :)
3) Somebody did eventually mention when on the road how to get to SEATAC...

Jay

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I didn't. I thought it was very unfair, especially in a race around the world.

Now we have 10 teams going into week 2?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Unfair? It was predetermined that the last team to get to that point would go.

Also, the word "race" should be a clue that people need to keep their butts moving.

Unfair would be just deciding to boot a specific team.

Did you miss the fact that they got a free trip to China? And from what I hear, they get a nice vacation while the rest of the teams finish.

I thought in past seasons they started with 11 teams. This time they had 12, so either way they were down to 10 after the first episode.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yes, I think it's unfair. In the 10 years this show's been on the air we've seen people come from behind. Now they get eliminated on a whim?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI - only 5 years has this show been on the air (roughly 2 editions per year).

The racers were warned at the start of the race that this edition would be different (to change things up and keep it fresh and promote the urgency to do well at every single leg of the race), so it behooved them not to take "familiar" situations for granted (as seen in previous editions) and that elimination was almost always a possibility at a pitstop (however vaguely they define it nowadays).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it was unfair but I thought it was stupid and made the twelfth team worthless. I thought it would take away a NEL/TBC leg but instead we lost two teams in the first episode. In Survivor: Palau, the pick'em was at least a different way to eliminate people without Tribal Councils; TAR10's elimination was done in the same way everyone is eliminated, at the mat, just without the "Pit Stop" designation. There wasn't really much to respond to.

Besides, in TAR3 and TAR4 there were 12 teams and "surprise" eliminations.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Then I hope you also can't stand when the pretty women use their looks to their advantage or the strong men use their physical strength to their advantage or the friendly/helpful people use their personality to their advantage, or the people who can speak foreign languages who use that to their advanatge etc etc.

Its a race and you use what god gave you, with out out right cheating to finish as fast as you can. She has every right to gain what ever advantage she can with her leg no different than a well endowed lady using her breasts to her advantage.

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

I wished they showed more of it. They showed her struggling near the ground and then in her next scene we see her at the top. I was interested to see how she figured it out.

Andy

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I don't really see how strength/personality/knowledge compares, but I don't care for when people use their sexuality to get things either--however, I think the part that bothers me the most is that Sarah says things like "I can do anything anyone else can"...and then tries to use the handicap as a leverage.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This is my first year ever of watching this show after my best friend told me about it and she's a big fan. This show is awesome! 30 minutes into the season premiere I was hooked and the first and second ep just flew by I was so into it.

My friend has some of the other seasons on DVD and she's going to loan them to me so that I can see what i've missed. This show is so much fun! :emoji_thumbsup:

Favorite team so far is Peter and Sarah, not only is she doing great for someone with only one leg but her prosthetic leg is malfunctioning on top of that.

That girl's got spirit and I love that.

Teams that I dislike so far are the two single mothers, particularly for their callous attitude towards the two model dudes when they had the flat. They didn't have to help or give them their jack but to say "screw them" left a bad taste in my mouth. I also am both irritated and amused by Rob and Kimberly's constant bickering lol.

What a crazy and exciting ride this show is, I can't believe i'm just now getting into it! :eek:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I missed a bit of the middle- can someone explain how the guys got beyond the flat tire? Were they given a replacement jeep or what?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Someone came by and helped them, it wasn't another team, just a good samaritan I think.

As a sidenote, I bet the contestants of this show sleep like freakin' babies with all the running around they do lol, this show is a blast to watch but a real bitch to be in I bet.

Hell, put me on Survivor rather than this show lol.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I think the race is a breeze compared to Survivor- at least they get to sleep in decent places and eat regular food. Plus they're getting frequent breaks of at least 12 hours.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I guess, but I was speaking more along the lines of the sheer stress of constantly having to move move move hurry hurry hurry! I got wiped out just watching them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks