What's new

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (1 Viewer)

AndyW

Agent
I love to see this get the DVD treatment, I want a Dice commentary!

But I don't think that we will be seeing this anytime soon. Thats why I bought the VHS verson for Walmart last week for 3.99 to replace my old VHS copy.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
-"So, who does your decorating?"

-"Ah some fag charged me up the ass, ya know?"

-"Fag? Ass? I'm sorry is that some kind of joke?"

-"Yeah, in poor taste!"

PLEASE Fox, hear our cries and have mercy on us!! This is one of the ESSENTIAL comedies of our time!

Sven Johansen

Auditioning
That movie is released in region 2. You can buy it from a site in Norway called dvdstrax.no. (I was going to post a link directly to the movie, but I'm not allowed to post url's yet)

Just press the norwegian flag at the front page, and then type: ford fairlane where it says "søk etter".

I can be of some assistance if you would like to order from them, but I'm sure you can find english speaking sites if you do a search on google.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I don't have a region-free player, so it wouldn't make much sense for me to get it. The fact is, it's out in Region 2 and Region 4 I believe, why can't Fox just give it a REGION 1 release since it's already been mastered?? The so-called "Controversy Over Dice" died down a long long time ago, so I see no problem why the film shouldn't be released so people can find out why it's one of the best-written comedies EVER, with a cult-worthy cast to say the least...

-"When Johnny and me were kids, we'd have gross-out contests. I'd cough up a big pile of plghem on the table, and he'd say "Nice try!", then pulled out a straw!"

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I willing to take a guess that rights issues, licensing fees and such with some of the music may be the holdup. Again, I'm just guessing, I have not read this anywhere.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Peter Staddon of Fox actually looked into this several years ago, at the urging of many of us HTF members. The last I heard, this was not something that was likely to happen anytime soon, but no explanation was given. Every so often, I bring out my widescreen LD when I need a laugh.

My wife and I can no longer watch It's a Wonderful Life without cracking up. :D

M.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I can't see why they can't just release this as a movie-only disc. Put a $14.99 retail price on it, and I bet it'll sell.

"My hair...my hair!"

Dean

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The only extra I would want on this disc would be Billy Idol's Rock the Cradle of Love video. Man that girl is fine! :D

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Well, the reason as Michael stated, that "no explanation has been given" by Fox regarding their idle ways concerning this film, is that they are STILL afraid that a DVD release of the film might result in a letter being fired off to them by a proto-feminist group (or more likely, some little old lady with nothing better to do), and I can imagine it would read like this:

Dear Fox Home Video,

HOW COULD YOU release to DVD the movie Ford Fairlane starring that awful, awful man, Andrew Clay! Why it seems like only yesterday (actually, 15 years), that he got up on stage and said those horrible things about women and gays, and actually had people whooping and hollering over it. Now I know other comics (Eddie Murphy et al.) used similiar material to become famous, but it's SO obvious that Clay really believed those things he said!! Even 15 years later, releasing something like Ford Fairlane could subject a new generation (and God forbid, CHILDREN!) to the crude antics of this untalented, unpleasant man! Mr. Staddon, if you and the others at Fox have ANY decency, you should NEVER release this offensive film out to the public again, and to show you we mean business, we will protest and demonstrate outside every DVD outlet that sells this film to the general public! Don't never, ever, ever release Ford Fairlane to DVD, or you shall feel our burning-hot wrath! Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Unnamed Proto-Feminist Women's Group

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now the truth-

Peter Staddon and the fellas at Fox, there are many of us out there, both on this Forum and in my personal life, who feel this may be THE most underrated comedy of all time. None of us are asking you guys to go overboard and make this a 2-disc Special Edition, just an anamorphic transfer, 5.1 sound, and a trailer will suffice. Just know that no matter how much you or anyone else tries to sweep this movie under the carpet to be forgotten, this cause WILL NOT die. There are many notable actors in this film besides Clay, and the music soundtrack (which I own) is one of the best collages of rock artists ever. Just know that nationwide interest in this film remains HUGE and that this DVD WILL sell, so do the right thing Fox, release The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane in Region 1 today! :emoji_thumbsup:

"He's lying about the prom date thing of course. I hope he is, I took his sister."

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
One day this movie will come out on DVD. And on that day my DVD collection shall be complete.

I'm so terrifico I even had my own toll-free number, 1-800-Unbelievable!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Now I know other comics (Eddie Murphy et al.) used similiar material to become famous, but it's SO obvious that Clay really believed those things he said!!"

"Don't take it seriously, it's a goof!"

Joshua_W

Second Unit
A commentary with Dice and some other cast members like Gilbert Gottfried would be nice.

This film isn't any more "offensive" than any other crude sex comedy, and is actually a pretty decent send up of the hard-boiled private eye genre set against a backdrop of the moribund 80s LA music scene.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"I do a mean 'Puff, The Magic Dragon', but only in the nude. Longer story..."

Somebody release this post-haste.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

"The koala was a gift from INXS!"

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, baby! I hope you filled out your organ donor cards! :D
They play FF all of the time on FX, it's time for this to be released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks