What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The 3-D Film Archive and ClassicFlix have provided one of the year’s most valuable releases with The Abbott and Costello Show: Season 1, a treasure trove of their classic routines along with much new material. For fans of the boys, highly recommended!

The Abbott and Costello Show (1952–1957)

Released: 14 Sep 1957
Rated: TV-G
Runtime: 25 min

Director: N/A
Genre: Comedy, Family, Mystery

Cast: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Sid Fields
Writer(s): N/A

Plot: Bud and Lou are unemployed actors living in Mr. Fields' boarding house. Lou's girlfriend Hillary lives across the hall. Any premise would lead to slapstick, puns, lots of gimmicks from their movies.

IMDB rating: 8.2
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Other...

Continue reading...

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
The show currently airs on Decades TV from 2:30-3 AM CT weekdays, for those that have that channel.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The show currently airs on Decades TV from 2:30-3 AM CT weekdays, for those that have that channel.
Been DVR'ing them! They are showing Bilko, Donna Reed etc! Stations like WPIX were great back in the day Adv Of Superman, Batman, The Muntsers, The Addams Family, Star Trek, WPIX carries Antenna TV one of the great classic stations along with METV and FETV while WPIX is like other indie stations still stuck on trash tv "Steve Wilkos" a stinky "Judge" type show. I am told by an ex employee the ratings on those shows are tanking yet WPIX will not go back to CLASSICS

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Is it just me, but isn’t this thread devoted to glories of this newly restored release of the Abbott And Costello Show on Blu-ray?
So why are some posters talking about TV stations that are airing outdated prints of the show? We should be discussing this incredible release. And I would think most A&C fans would be eager to get this and watch it in this incredible quality!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Lou, Season 2 is already being prepped for Blu-Ray release sometime next year by those folks, so no worries there, but for those who cannot afford the sets, it's still airing on that channel to view.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Is it just me, but isn’t this thread devoted to glories of this newly restored release of the Abbott And Costello Show on Blu-ray?
So why are some posters talking about TV stations that are airing outdated prints of the show? We should be discussing this incredible release. And I would think most A&C fans would be eager to get this and watch it in this incredible quality!

Loul,

I have my copy and am very pleased with what I've seen so far.

I'm looking forward to hearing your commentary!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Merry Christmas, Lou! I'm looking forward to hearing your commentary when my Season 1 Blu-ray set eventually arrives!

I also feel it's worth mentioning that for those who aren't set up for Blu-ray, this beautifully restored series is also available in the DVD format. This should still mark quite a noticeable improvement over the previous telecine sourced THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW DVD releases! :)

CHEERS! :)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Got the set this past Thurs - loving the DVD edition - really an amazing job by Bob Furmanek and his team STUNNING quality that will bring this great show to a whole new generation. I will be posting a review on my FB ASAP! So many great shows that can be saved and shared and thanks to people like Bob who are making it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks