What's new

Capt D McMars

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
To be honest, you're right. Most would have been content with using the fine grain audio. It would certainly have been easier - and much cheaper. Once we did a test and heard the difference, there was no holding back!
I would love to see this treatment on the Ernie Kovacs material. I saw that after Eddie Adams, Ernie's wife and partner, died...she donated of the materials to the Library of Congress. There are many fans of this pioneer of TV be given the royal treatment that he so rightly deserves!!
KL has released a few EK box sets on DVD, and they'er nice, but with todays tech and willingness of many that would join a kickstarter project in a NY Second...just seems a treasure trove to dig into?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
So when can we expect the second and final season of the A&C Show to be released? Great job on that series as well by the folks at Classicflix.
From what I read, I believe the aim is for sometime later this year, depending on the restoration process by Bob Furmanek and the 3-D Film Archive. Just viewed the "Hungry" Episode this morning. Notice how the "Twin" waitresses are played by the same actress (Joan Shawlee) who appears as the Telephone Operator in the previous segment! Mr. Bacciagalupe also struck me as a forerunner to the Soup Nazi character on SEINFELD in this particular Episode!

Again, it cannot be overemphasized just how stunning these Season 1 Episodes look and sound! ClassicFlix is the absolute way to go for this iconic series! I'm really savoring these!!

CHEERS! :)

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
From what I read, I believe the aim is for sometime later this year, depending on the restoration process by Bob Furmanek and the 3-D Film Archive. Just viewed the "Hungry" Episode this morning. Notice how the "Twin" waitresses are played by the same actress (Joan Shawlee) who appears as the Telephone Operator in the previous segment! Mr. Bacciagalupe also struck me as a forerunner to the Soup Nazi character on SEINFELD in this particular Episode!

Again, it cannot be overemphasized just how stunning these Season 1 Episodes look and sound! ClassicFlix is the absolute way to go for this iconic series! I'm really savoring these!!

Tony, they're doing a hell of a job on BOTH the A&C Show and Little Rascals sets and highly recommend both sets in either format...Like Mr. Bacciagalupe once said...Don't eatta the cake!!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony, they're doing a hell of a job on BOTH the A&C Show and Little Rascals sets and highly recommend both sets in either format...Like Mr. Bacciagalupe once said...Don't eatta the cake!!
Just based solely on the ClassicFlix comparison video clips for the Little Rascals, 100%!! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Finally got this puppy in my hot little hands here in Japan (had been waiting for my sister to send it over from the States, along with some other goodies), and watched the first episode, "Drug Store" last night. While I've been a big fan of A & C's films over the years, I'd not seen their television work, other than a couple episodes of them hosting the Colgate Comedy Hour. Needless to say, I was very impressed with this first episode of The Abbott & Costello Show. Really fast, loose and funny, especially the end bit where Lou runs rampant with the ice cream. Joe Besser as Stinky was hilarious as well.

All the hard work from Bob F. and team at the 3D Film Archive really paid off, as the show looks and sounds utterly fantastic! Kudos to them, and for ClassicFlix for releasing it. Proud to have been a Kickstarter supporter. Can't wait to dig into the set further. Now roll on Season 2!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaconBrain
Recent bookmarks