What's new

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Merry Christmas, Lou! I'm looking forward to hearing your commentary when my Season 1 Blu-ray set eventually arrives!

I also feel it's worth mentioning that for those who aren't set up for Blu-ray, this beautifully restored series is also available in the DVD format. This should still mark quite a noticeable improvement over the previous telecine sourced THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW DVD releases! :)

CHEERS! :)
True on all counts!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

Looking forward to the arrival
of my A&C Show Blu-ray set.
Its a Birthday gift from my wife.
Some of you might find it interesting that my Mom met Bud and his wife on a voyage from NYC to Southampton, England. This meeting took place aboard the SS United States in 1953.
She found the Abbotts to be very friendly and personable.
The enclosed picture shows my Mom with Bud and his wife.

John
249571E5-24CE-4ABD-9F15-DB913EEBE29F.jpeg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Got the set this past Thurs - loving the DVD edition - really an amazing job by Bob Furmanek and his team STUNNING quality that will bring this great show to a whole new generation. I will be posting a review on my FB ASAP! So many great shows that can be saved and shared and thanks to people like Bob who are making it happen.
Agreed for sure!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Agreed for sure!!
I went for the BRD version and as a kid that watched these on TV, there is no comparision!!! All of these look better than I could have hoped for, I also loved the episodes with the commentaries as well. Somtimes I would flip between the episod and the commentaries and gain insight into the various episods. I can't wait for season two!! Great job guys!!!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Bob,

Were you ever able to ascertain the name of the opening music to the first season ?
I’ve read some sources say it was called Jazz Baby and others say it was Jazz Baby’s Ball.
BTW…USPS tracking indicates my copy is about a 30 minute drive from me. Hopefully I will have it ahead of its January 28th arrival time.

John

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

My Mom who has since passed,
told me one time of another picture she took of Bud and his wife Betty after having lunch with them. Yes…they invited my Mom and a fellow teacher who was traveling with her, to lunch.
Looked around for it this weekend and found it this morning. Sorry for the less than stellar picture quality as I took this picture off of my computer monitor with my iPhone.
Hoping the A&C set arrives today. 🙏

John

F6FF824E-57E5-4081-938B-957DD512B3EE.jpeg

Peter Keller

Agent
Real Name
Peter
Mr. Furmanek at Kickstarter stated, “the DVD and Blu-ray will include English language closed captions”. So what happened?!

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 requires that state and local governments and private businesses ensure that individuals with disabilities are not excluded from or denied services because of the absence of auxiliary aids and services, such as captioning. Subtitles makes aural information accessible to people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Since the passage of the ADA, the use of subtitles and closed captioning has expanded. Entertainment, educational, informational, and training materials can be subtitled for deaf and hard of hearing audiences at the time they are produced or when distributed.

The US government has recognized the need for subtitles and important laws have been passed which mandate its availability.

Government laws require the provision of subtitles and closed captions on video yet many publishers continue to ignore this requirement simply to cut costs!

Subtitles provide equal access for ALL viewers!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

Just finished watching episode one and all I can say is outstanding !!!
Crisp clear picture and equally phenomenal sound. Great menu set up also.
This set is everything it was promised to be. The MCA -TV limited tag at the end, is a nice nostalgic touch…really brings me back.
Awesome job by Bob Furmanek and his crew.
Congrats on a job well done.

John

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Bob,

I was wondering if you had to get clearance from Universal to use the MCA-TV Ltd. logo at the end of each episode.

John

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
No because the logo was secured by TCA in 1951 when they began syndicating the show. It is present on all of the original 16mm negatives.
How much nicer it looks with the closing of each episode fading to the original Black & White MCA-TV Ltd. logo, as opposed to the 1980s era Color logo, which I find rather jarring!

The audio for PEACE AND QUIET (S01E13) has such amazing clarity that I had to turn down the volume during the episode's second half!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks