– Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars – 2014)

– Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy – 1951)

– The Women – 1939 

– Johnny Come Lately – 1943

– The Andy Griffith Show – 1960

– Ace in the Hole – 1951

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection $101.98
After the Dark $14.98
The Art of the Steal $11.99 $11.99
Baadasssss! [10th Anniversary Series] $9.98
Between Sisters $12.58
Call Me Crazy: A Five Film $16.98
China Beach: Season 3 $16.96
DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures – Volume 2 $8.68
DC Universe: Son of Batman $12.99 $12.99
Eureka: Season Three $25.48
Generation War $24.99
Golden Boy [75th Anniversary Series] $9.98
Johnny Come Lately $22.98
Laverne & Shirley: The Eighth and Final Season $27.86
Little House on the Prairie: Season Two $14.96
Looney Tunes Center Stage: Volume 2 $8.97
Lords Of Flatbush, The [40th Anniversary Series] $9.98
Love Happy $22.46
Mr. Jones $11.98
Ragamuffin [Exclusively at Wal-Mart]
Rookie Blue: The Complete Fourth Season $33.98
Separate But Equal $15.29
Still Mine $17.99
Transformers Energon: The Complete Series $34.99
Veronica Mars $9.99 $9.99 $10.00

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Ace in the Hole [Criterion Collection] $24.99
After the Dark $16.98
Amistad $15.96
Andy Griffith Show: Season One $74.96
The Art of the Steal $14.99 $14.99
Bachelor Party $12.74
The Big Red One $14.99
The Birds $14.99
Blazing Saddles: 40th Anniversary Edition $19.99
The Bridges of Madison County $14.96
Countess Dracula [Combo Pack] $24.99
DC Universe: Son of Batman $16.99 $16.99 $16.99
The Deep End $15.29
Generation War $29.99
Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II / Godzilla Vs. Space Godzilla [Blu-ray] $13.99
Godzilla vs. Gigan (Monster Island) $12.99
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Smog Monster) $12.99
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah / Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: The G Annihilation Strategy $16.99
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah / Godzilla vs. Mothra $16.99
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster $12.99
Godzilla: Final Wars / Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. $15.29
Honeymooners, The [Classic 39 Episodes] $74.96
I Love Lucy: Season 1 $74.96
Johnny Come Lately $27.98
Little House on the Prairie: Season Two $17.96
Love Happy $27.98
Memphis Belle $14.99
Mr. Jones $26.99
Psycho $16.98
Ragamuffin [Exclusively at Wal-Mart]
Rear Window $16.98
Revenge of the Nerds $12.74
Speed / Speed 2: Cruise Control $16.99
Speed 2: Cruise Control $11.98
Still Mine $27.98
The Terminal $15.96
Veronica Mars $14.99 $14.99 $15.00
Vertigo $16.98
Weekend at Bernie’s $16.99
White Zombie: The Cary Roan Special Signature Edition $22.98
The Women $13.86

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE version of their Blu-ray Combo Pack of Son of Batman which includes a Deathstroke figurine ($17.99).

--Best Buy has the following recent releases on sale this week:

Philomena: $14.99 DVD/$16.99 Blu

August: Osage County: $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu

Grudge Match: $17.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu

--Also, at Best Buy this week you can buy BOTH Philomena AND August: Osage County on Blu-ray for just $26.99 ($13.50 apiece). Must be purchased on same receipt.

--The following Blu-ray releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$7.99: Twilight, Mean Girls, This Means War, Notting Hill, Twilight: New Moon.

$14.99: Les Miserables, The Great Gatsby, The Heat, Life of Pi, Identity Thief.

--Best Buy continues it's deal to save $5 on your next movie or TV title purchase of $9.99 and up when you buy any TV title $9.99 and up Must provide e-mail address at register. $5 promo code will print on receipt. Promo code must be redeemed by 6-21-14. Offer expires 5-10-14.

The following TV titles are listed on sale:

$14.99 DVD: White Collar: Season 3, Community: S4, The Closer: S7, American Dad: Volume 8, Vampire Diaries: S1, NCIS: S1, How I Met Your Mother: S 1-7 (apiece), Modern Family: S 1-2 (apiece).
$14.99 Blu-ray: Friends: S1, Legit: S1.
$17.99 DVD: Glee: S43, Supernatural: S8, Dallas: S2, Archer: S4, Grimm: S1, The Simpsons: S15, Family Guy: Volume 12, How I Met Your Mother: S8, Modern Family: S3.
$17.99 Blu-ray: Da Vinci's Demons: S1
$19.99 DVD: Californication: S6, Bones: S8, NCIS: S9, Criminal Minds: S7, The Americans: S1, Modern Family: S4.
$19.99 Blu-ray: Falling Skies: S2, The Walking Dead: S1, Arrow: S1, The Big Bang Theory: S6, The Simpsons: S16.

--BB is advertising an EXCLUSIVE release of All My Friends: Celebrating the Songs and Voice of Gregg Allman. The BB EXCLUSIVE includes 83 minutes of bonus footage! 2 CD/DVD: $25.99. 2 CD/Blu: $28.99.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $4.99 apiece.

--Target this week has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK packaging on its copies of the Blu-ray Combo Pack of Son of Batman.

--Target is also advertising FREE MOVIE MONEY to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 when you buy select titles. Get $10 in movie cash when you buy select items. Movie Money code packaged inside. Titles shown (more in-store) include: Spider-Man Blu-ray $9.00, Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray $9.00, The Amazing Spider-Man Blu-ray $12.00. 

--Target has the following Blu-rays on sale this week for $15: Blue Jasmine, Labor Day, more in-store.

--Target has a list of $15 DVDs: 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, The Book Thief, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Downton Abbey: S4, Supernatural: S8, Scandal: S2.

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $10 and $4.75.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the prices, Mike. The Women, The Bridges of Madison County, and Veronica Mars for me this week

Sorry I couldn't quite finish Little House on the Prairie so the link could be added for it, too. I'm within three episodes of completing it, so it should be up tomorrow. As for the other releases for the week assigned to me, I haven't received them yet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Amistad, The Terminal and Veronica Mars. I love Ace In The Hole but since I already have the DVD and the usual Barnes And Noble sale should be happening in a couple months, I'll wait for that. Based on the reviews here, I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show sound great but I'll wait until the prices come way down before picking them up.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Nothing this week. Just started dipping into my new Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection (Oklahoma! in Todd-AO is amazing!)

Her arrives next week!

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
I think many of the people who would buy the Veronica Mars Blu-Ray/DVD have already done so via KickStarter.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
croooow said:
I think many of the people who would buy the Veronica Mars Blu-Ray/DVD have already done so via KickStarter.
Not me. I saw it in the theatre twice. I waited on the digital copy until the blu ray came out.

Jacob

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt has just posted up his review of Season Two of Little House on the Prairie.

A link has been added to the OP. [Spoiler: It sounds great!]

:thumbs-up-smiley:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It's been a rough-really rough-couple of weekends and all I really want to do is blow a lot of money on eveything I see. (This weekend has already been expensive as it is.)

Picked up the last TinkerBell movie at Costco yesterday; Arrow and Friends S2 at BB today; and then Veronica Mars and Son of Batman at BB on Tuesday. Considering some CD purchases from Amazon, too; couple bottles of wine...someone needs to take my debit card away right now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mike Frezon said:
Matt has just posted up his review of Season Two of Little House on the Prairie.

A link has been added to the OP. [Spoiler: It sounds great!]

:thumbs-up-smiley:
Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Is there any different content in the 40th Anniversary Blazing Saddles?

I guess they could add an audio track with all the bad words deleted....but Brooks already made a Silent Movie.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I love Blazing Saddles enough to do a double (well actually if you include DVD it would be a triple) dip, but I just can't find definitive word on whether or not the PQ/AQ has been upgraded from the previous BD release. I've checked the other forum and various other net sources but can find no advance reviews on it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I hadn't heard of the German mini-series Generation War, but after watching the trailer, it's a must-own. It's been hailed as the German Band of Brothers.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Just a heads-up that this week, Target (.com and IN STORES) is selling I Love Lucy: Ultimate Season One and the Andy Griffith Show: Season One at a temporary price cut of $59.99 ea. Unfortunately, The Honeymooners doesn't appear to be on sale (or in stock). This certainly helps take the sting out of the high list price for these sets and, for me, puts it on par with what I paid for individual seasons of the Twilight Zone. I think I will spring for Lucy (since I don't have any of the DVDs), but hold off on the other two and wait for the inevitable price drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks