What's new

The 25 Best Black and White Dramas Not On DVD (1 Viewer)

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
Regulus said:
The four Warner Brothers "Detective" Shows: 77 Sunset Strip Bourbon Street Hawaiian Eye Surfside 6 And any ZIV TV Shows that haven't been released yet.
Yeah i would like to see some ziv shows released as well, in particular I led 3 lives and boston blackie and science fiction theatre, since my bootleg set contains all those heavily edited sci-fi channel episodes, I mean its possible if they can release shows like harbor command and Mackenzie's raiders they certainly take some time to release these cult shows from the 50s.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
Sorry to inundate this topic with my meanderings, but I just wanted to mention how nice it would be to see some of the live anthologies make to official DVD, I guess the most likely of those would be GE theatre, because there are so many regean nuts out there obsessed with preserving his name for posterity, by the way these shows are now in the possession of Mrs.Nancy Reagan herself after GE presented all the extant episodes to her at a ceremony about 5 or 6 years ago,

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Neil Brock said:
That's my understanding. Other U.S. shows released there without English audio are Pistols 'n' Petticoats and Run Buddy Run. Not sure about The Rogues. That may have English.
howard1908 said:
Yes thats true the DVD is a German dub, but the restoration on them is beautifully done, I just hope when the WB releases their version it will be up to the same standard of quality.
Thanks for the information. What a shame for THE DETECTIVES and the other ones that Neil mentioned as well. I would have purchased all. I lave lots of German released DVDs and Blus of American productions in my collection and they have always retained the original English language track, so this is too bad. I can't imagine any U.S. company ever releasing a series like RUN BUDDY RUN, which imakes it doubly frustrating that a release is out there, but nigh unwatchable. So close and yet so far.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Frank Soyke said:
I'm still kind of astounded that no-one (CBS?) has done anything at all with Ben Casey considering how popular it was.
From what I've been told, the hold up with Ben Casey are music royalty issues plus the lack of new elements, which may be due to the royalty issue not being solved.
A REAL shame that a Ben Casey DVD release is still in limbo with all the other CRAP (IMHO) being released.
I would also like to see the WB detective shows released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks