What's new

Thanks to all - my new PC is complete! (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took their time to help me answer all my questions.
my pc went together flawlessly. i didn't run into a single problem - i'm truly amazed.
if anyone is curious, here's my final config:
  • mb: asus p4b533-e
  • cpu: intel p4 2.53
  • mem: 512 ddr266/pc2100
  • hd: western digital 80g (8mb buffer)
  • dvd: generic sony
  • cd-rw: yamaha 3200ez
  • audio: soundblaster live audigy
  • video: msi ti-4400 (128mb)
  • cables: those cool rounded ones :) (plus some flex tubing/zip ties to clean up the interior)
  • case: antec 1080 performance plus
total cost came in about 1400. i think that was a little more then i wanted to spend, but i bought most of my stuff retail. fry's is very happy with me.
it took me most of the weekend to put it together, but i really took my time and was very careful to read the manuals (especially the excellent asus mb manual) as thoroughly as i could just to make sure i didn't goof on anything. i think initial preparation really helped - plus i asked a lot of questions here and also did some pretty extensive web research.
i spent most of the day uploading all the stuff from my old pc. i installed some gaming software that came with some of the components...i was *very* happy with the performance. the game analyzed my system and said i could run max settings with no problem. :emoji_thumbsup: and as far as opening something like microsoft word, it's almost instantaneous. it's literally night and day from my old 200mmx machine.
anyway, thanks again to everyone who replied to all my other postings. i really appreciated it.
i'm ready to start gaming recommendations, but that's another thread! :D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Well, you bought an Intel processor anyway, but we won't hold that against you for very long. :D
Enjoy!
Just be careful about creating a gaming thread. It will probably have to be placed in the Video Game Software forum or else it will most likely get moved there.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks guys! i'm going to finish it off with a LCD monitor, 5.1 speaker system and a new keyboard/mouse combo.

but that's gonna have to wait a while...i am buh-roke!!!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
When you do get that LCD screen be sure and check out Samsung's 181T and 191T they are so pretty it hurts :)
and 5.1......Klipsch all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks