What's new

Thank You All! (1 Viewer)

Jim Shaver

Auditioning
Hi,
I finally did it; I bought my speakers for my new HT, why does it feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me! First of all I'd like to thank all of you who helped me, I took your advice seriously and even if I did not follow your choices in recommendations your help has been huge!
The system is as follows and sounds great to my family and I.
· Denon 3802 Receiver
· Denon 1800 DVD
· Sony 32" TV (for now)
· Speakers by Paradigm
· Fronts: Mini monitors
· Centre: CC 370
· Sub: PS 1000
· Rears: Atoms
· Sony VCR
The friendliness and informative group here is wonderful, I'll still be watching the screen and posting for assistance as I continue to refine the sound in my HT area.
Take Care,
Jim
;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
wow! very nice setup! i'd be very proud to have that configuration.
now, sit back, pop in a dvd and enjoy!
:)

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,

We have nearly the same system up front...Mini Mons/CC370/3801. Great range and crystal clear. I haven't decided what surrounds to use yet...Titans or Atoms. How are the Atoms working out for you?

How did you place those? Wall mount or stand mount?

My couch is placed against my back wall, and I can't decide between using 4 foot high stand mounts or wall mounts ( speakers facing each other and slightly turned toward listner in both configurations). I've heard that you should not place speaker too close to walls and wanted to know what it would be like for a real world situation.

The Atoms would seem easier to hang, since they're smaller but I think the Titans would give fuller sound but would have to stand mount them...decisions, decisions...

Thanks,

Ed

Jim Shaver

Auditioning
Hi Ed,
i really chose the Atoms for size reasons and that my speakers had to be ceiling mounted, it's a basement installation. I used the 60 mm hangers the supplier had just for this application, I used some Lee Valley supports for the monitors. The atonms add enough for application at home, I'm still a two channel stereo sound person for CD's but the balance between the front and back with the Atoms is not Huge.
take Care,
Jim

Jim Shaver

Auditioning
Ed,
I should add that the back of the speakers are about 3 inches clear of the wall, they are also focused downwards to direcct the sound from above to the listening ZONE! That CC 370 is wonderful. We watched Eric Clapton Unplugged twice yesterday......nice balance for a very acoustical concert.
take Care,
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks