What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I was suddenly curious to see if this ancient thread had reached 1 million views yet... and was shocked to find we passed that milestone years ago. My memory's like a sieve. We're at 4 million views, jeez, but than we've been down here 'cough cough' since 2002. The signs at the Testy gate 'Abandon all hope ye who enter here' and 'No Testing!' must have faded ages ago. :unsure:

Currently enjoying Lucifer on Netflix, looking forward to Loki.

Carrie and Mark.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis, here in the UK the never ending lockdown has arrived. Just when we thought we were out they pull us back in! effin' covid variants, mutations, strains and anomalies, will it ever end? "Boris, let my people go!" Sorry, I went all biblical there for a second.

Nosferatu 1922 07rrgftrte.jpg

Steve, that's not the sexiest picture you've ever posted in testy land! What gives dude?
I know... I know... sign of the times.
Oh wait here's one...

Blood from the Mummys Tomb 12.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Wow, it's been a long time since I visited here. Good to see you guys.

I am missing going to Vegas most of all. While it's doable now and my Vegas bands just started playing again, it won't be feasible for me to go for a few months. I always use the same travel agency with a good Vegas package and they won't be doing their normal charter packages until September. I've looked around to try to put together my own package, but it always comes out quite a bit more costly. It appears, though, that the new Covid variant has appeared in Vegas so it may be just as well.

Surprisingly, Steve, I'm not missing going to the movie theaters. I've been catching up on a lot of movies and TV at home. Also, reading a lot.

I recently fostered the friendliest, sweetest 3 male kittens. I had them about a month and it was really hard giving them back. Happily, they seem to have been adopted quite quickly. They did leave a bunch of fleas behind in my place that I think I finally got rid of.

Russell, I watched "The Father" a few days ago. That was a fantastic performance by Anthony Hopkins -- I almost worried for him!! I was a little hesitant to watch it because the subject matter was similar to what I went through but it actually wasn't too hard to watch.

Steve, I have the 3D blu-ray of "Godzilla vs. Kong" but haven't watched it yet (in any form). I somehow need to watch more of my 3Ds before I eventually upgrade to a 4K TV.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi Elizabeth, good to see you're still visiting our inner sanctum (come to think of it, is there an outer sanctum?), you were just a young girl when you first popped in here decades ago (stop exaggerating Steve).

I wish I could buy Godzilla vs Kong in 3D, it's only 2D here in old blighty. Bastages! I have two 3D players but my region free player is only 2D.

What did I buy recently? Picked up Basic Instinct from Amazon, a remastered copy, I wonder if it's a remaster of the old remastered master copy. A special edition of Waterloo (1970) is now in the collection waiting to be viewed. Also bought Fatal Attraction and Chinatown from HMV's Premium collection. I had them on DVD before.

Fast and Furious 9 has had a huge opening weekend in the USA which has cheered me up a bit, are things returning to normal at last? I might go and see it. The last film I saw at the cinema was The Rise of Skywalker in December 2019.

Author and Screenwriter Richard Matheson is my latest video subject -

Incredible Shrinking Man ,The z04.jpg

I Am Legend z04.jpg

Omega Man ,The z00.jpg

Last Man on Earth z06.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
So how hot is it there in Deadmonton?

Brutal. Hottest streak in our history, going to be mid 30s potentially for the next 7-10 days. The average for summer is 19-22C. Wednesday should break our record temp, might get to 37-39C. Today we broke the record for energy used in a single day, so who knows if our power grid will hold or we'll get black outs.

I live in an older house built to hold heat, it's currently 87F/30C in my living room. No sleep for me for awhile. I get a break with AC at work, but I'm pretty worried about mom being stuck in here.

Impossible to sleep while sweating and I can't sleep with fans and what not on either so back to Frankenstein Conquers the World for me. Might as well get in movies in my insomnia/delirium state lol.

I don't know if anyone here is in the pacific northwest who are getting hit with the same thermal dome but you have my sympathies.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I went out to light the BBQ. Before I lit it the thermometer on the lid read 100 F (39 C). And it was in the shade.

Fortunately my house is well insulated and the AC keeps me at 78 F (25 C).

The difference with this heat wave is normally around here the temperatures drop to about 60 F (15 C) at night so everything cools off. That's not happening now. Temperatures remain elevated all night long.

Portland OR hit 116 F (47 C) this afternoon.

Lytton, a village in British Columbia, became the first place in Canada to record a temperature above 113 degrees Fahrenheit on Sunday, with the thermometer hitting 116 degrees.

But that national record did not last for long. On Monday, according to government weather agency Environment Canada, Lytton saw temperatures soar to just above 118 degrees on Monday…

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That's what's happening here, no cool down over night. So the morning temperature is 25C, which should be our daily high. They're saying it may break early, but the highs will still be around 30. Completely bonkers. Not looking forward to seeing how it goes in the next 10 years.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Did a few google image searches and one site had the above photo on its web page.

In the lower corner of the photo is the caption: "Photo courtesy of Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau/Chad Case" so perhaps someone at that organization can provide more detailed information.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.