Real Name
Dennis
IOOF

IOOF_Crest.png

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
Got the Moderna shot on Thursday, March 25th. Going to get the second one of it in awhile. Still researching speaker wire and speakers. Want to go for a 7.1 set-up with the STR-DN1080. Finally got a better monitor stand for the ASUS PG27UQ, it's 4K UHD with HDR and IPS, because the one with it was too bulky and not very universally placeable. Slowly but surely been making my 4K and Blu-ray disc collection even greater.
Been considering getting an air compressor for the full tower self-built computer I have instead of those compressed air canisters. Work has been nice too even though I commute on the bus. I moved on August 10th of last year. Same apartment complex but different room.

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
April 5th this year was my 42nd birthday. Not bad. Also officially 7.1 with nice Polk speakers and subwoofer. T15s, T30, and PSW108. Set it up on Monday and now I've been rewatching movies. Obviously the majority of the 4K UHDs I own. Still messing about with the subwoofer settings on the back of it. Don't mind at all using headphones after a certain time at the apartment complex I live at.
Otherwise, it's going great lately.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi Ray, I've had my first jab too and I'm quite a bit older than you. No side effects. I barely felt the little prick... on my left arm. Before I left the centre I had to sit down with others for 15 minutes while they observed us, you know in case we changed color, fainted or dropped dead. I actually felt better than I was before... stronger... faster! I lifted a chair up with one hand as if it was nothing, frikkin' amazing! Okay, it was made of plastic. My body was swarming with strange alien antibodies.
Looking forward to my 2nd Pfizer jab.

Be Cool 011.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My 2nd Pfizer shot knocked me out for a loop, Steverino. So, watch out. But, then again, my wife had no reaction to it at all. I slept most of the next day away with a low-grade fever. I was fine the next day.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
But Mike, I thought if you survive the first shot the second should be a breeze, no? Sheeet. How did you react to the first pfizer jab? Here in the UK the AstraZeneca vaccine has been getting bad press because of people getting blood clots, sometimes fatal. Would I let my child, if I had one, take that vaccine? Probably not. Pfizer seems to be the best. Do we have a choice of vaccines? Doesn't look that way.

No Good Deed 03.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But Mike, I thought if you survive the first shot the second should be a breeze, no? Sheeet. How did you react to the first pfizer jab?
No reaction at all to the first shot (outside of some soreness on my arm where they gave the shot). But, here in the states...it seems like most of the heavy reactions have been to the 2nd shots.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hearing Second shots as well. My 82yo mum had no issues aside from the sore arm, her 79 yo sister was sick from the second shot, felt nauseous for an afternoon then was fine. A cousin was wiped out after the first shot of Peizer, but that's probably because of her underlying conditions and the steroids she's on.

I finally qualify for Astra as of tomorrow so will be trying to book the first shot as soon as I can. That's the one with a "higher" chance of blood clots which means if any will grow a tail or give you superpowers, it's the Astra, BABY! OOK OOK!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It's the Oscars! I think. Let me check... yup April 25th. For the first time in ages I'll be skipping this years offering. Just not interested in any of the films nominated. Plus it's all video zooming whatever it's called. No thanks. I'll check the results tomorrow but there's nothing there for me to get excited about.

This report was interesting - was Crash beating Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture the biggest Oscar upset? I can't say for sure I've never seen Brokeback and I bought Crash on blu-ray.

The pandemic seems to be over... here in the UK anyway... until the next wave. Nooo!

Night Manager ,The 01.jpg

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
A weird show for sure this year, but I kind of liked it? Only complete is no montages and the memorial was too quick. As far as the award winners I'm good with them except for best doc. Aside from that, it was low key bit not the worst.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ, I tivo’d this years Oscars and finally whizzed thru them last night. Horrible is the word. Has to be the worst Oscars ever. Plus the winners were allowed to drone on endlessly. The In Memorium section was a travesty, was it on fast forward? Best award win for me was for Anthony Hopkins’ Best Actor, the oldest Best Actor so far, and for a film I’m never going to watch. It was cringeworthy that the show's producers left the best actor award last thinking it was going to go to the late Chadwick Boseman, ending the show on a poignant high. Never assume anything.

Did I mention that I miss the cinema? Hopefully this summer. Social distancing has been cancelled here, thank christou.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Russ, I tivo’d this years Oscars and finally whizzed thru them last night. Horrible is the word. Has to be the worst Oscars ever. Plus the winners were allowed to drone on endlessly. The In Memorium section was a travesty, was it on fast forward? Best award win for me was for Anthony Hopkins’ Best Actor, the oldest Best Actor so far, and for a film I’m never going to watch. It was cringeworthy that the show's producers left the best actor award last thinking it was going to go to the late Chadwick Boseman, ending the show on a poignant high. Never assume anything.

Did I mention that I miss the cinema? Hopefully this summer. Social distancing has been cancelled here, thank christou.

I highly recommend checking out The Father. I know it looks like Oscar-bait melodrama, but it's plays like a horror movie. That and Sound of Metal both disturbed the hell out of me haha.

The awards sure looked good though, eh? Soderberg shot them in scope! :rolling-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.