What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Not sure whats going on Dennis, I didn't keep track of recent events. My parents were steadfast Labour supporters but I did vote for Boris recently [traitor!], not sure why... oh yeah to take us out of the EU. They're all rubbish and clueless anyway. You should see some of my comments at the Daily Mail, oh wait you can't... the overly sensitive moderator there rarely lets them through. I can imagine his eyes widening with horror as he reads them. :)

I'm watching a bonkers mad Japanese monster movie called Frankenstein Conquers the World. This beauty was followed by War of the Gargantuas. I know Russell has heard of these classics.

My second covid jab this wednesday. I've already written my will.

Donovan's Reef 05.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm watching a bonkers mad Japanese monster movie called Frankenstein Conquers the World. This beauty was followed by War of the Gargantuas. I know Russell has heard of these classics.

I've seen Frankenstein! Quite the design, eh? I'm actually sloooooowly going through a bunch of those Kaiju films since I got that Godzilla and Gamera boxsets. Finished "Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster" last night, which means I'm one film away before revisiting this bananas Frankenstein! My initial "review" of Ghidorah gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars, that has to be too high. I'm gonna have to think on my updated review.

As I watch them I've been ranking them on Letterboxd. I'm having fun over there. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Good stuff Russ. I've seen all of the monster films on your chart. Nice to see Kong 33 still the King.

Shin Godzilla had some good effects but there was far too much yapping in board rooms and around monitors. Out of 120mins about 90mins is taken up with static talk. I enjoyed the recent Godzilla vs Kong more than most people. One friend stopped watching the film mid way, oh come on it's a monster movie not Shakespeare.

I have pre-ordered Zack Snyder's Justice League on blu-ray. Seen it, loved it but I didn't like the 1.33 ratio. I wonder if I can zoom into the image a tad, but I don't want to cut off Wonder Woman's shapely legs, hmm maybe the top of her head? oh what a dilemma! [Stop it Steve!] :unsure:

I'll recommend a mad mad movie that some of you might have missed, a recent movie starring 'Hit Girl' Chloe Moretz. An unusual WWII movie called Shadow in the Cloud. What happens in the film is totally unpredictable, well for me it was anyway.

shadow in the cloud.jpg

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
not watched the new Justice League yet. not to be "that guy", but who knows when I'll have the desire to sit and watch it in one sitting. I still haven't finished the hobbit Trilogy, I should probably get on that first...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Whaaat you haven't finished the Hobbit trilogy yet Russ? It's only 10 hours long, is it such a slog? You're either the busiest man on Earth, or a gamer. ;)

What haven't I seen yet? hmm I still haven't seen last year's Best Picture Oscar winner... Korean film... I can't even remember the title. I'm contemplating giving time twister Tenet another go but this time I'll watch the extras on the blu-ray first (assuming there are any) and carefully study the synopsis at wikipedia with a magnifying glass and deerstalker hat before entering Nolanland. I did enjoy Inception on the first viewing though, and on the big screen. Aaah cinema I missed you. [wipes tear]

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I loved Tenet. Yeah, the plots a bit of a mess but it delivers on the action front.

My Hobbit issue is lack of will as opposed to time. I loved Lord of the Rings and have watched the extended versions a few times. First Hobbit film in both it's theatrical and extended version, well, I'm not going to say it sucks but it's not really engaging either. It's been long enough since I watched it that I would most likely want to watch it again before continuing on and just the though of sequences like the dish washing sing song, ugh.

Last years Oscar winner was Parasite and I thought it extraordinary. Absolutely loved it.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
LOTR was a massive set of books crammed into three films. But I don't see where The Hobbit, a single volume, could be stretched into three films. I've ignored those films so far.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
One of John Wayne's yachts sank which led me to consider The President's Analyst, which led me to consider Godfrey Cambridge. I was wondering why he didn't feature in more films and discovered that he died at age 43. Sad.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Newspapers yesterday were reporting zero deaths from covid in 24 hours here in the UK, first time since the pandemic started.
I hope Boris keeps his promise and ends restrictions at the end of this month. I want to go to the cinema again! [bursts into tears] Is it possible those 'scary' vaccines actually work? :unsure:

Folks it's time for 'Name that movie' -

1975 movie.jpg

Anyone?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Newspapers yesterday were reporting zero deaths from covid in 24 hours here in the UK, first time since the pandemic started.
I hope Boris keeps his promise and ends restrictions at the end of this month. I want to go to the cinema again! [bursts into tears] Is it possible those 'scary' vaccines actually work? :unsure:

Folks it's time for 'Name that movie' -

View attachment 99384

Anyone?
Stepford Wives?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.