What's new
World Wide Stereo

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Mike, I've only seen the new version of The Great Gatsby which I bought on 3D blu-ray, can't remember if I've actually watched it in 3D though. There is an earlier version starring Alan Ladd. Might be interesting to watch all three versions and compare. Have to confess that I was never a big fan of Robert Redford, or even Paul Newman. Back in the 70s I would avoid seeing their films at the cinema, Warren Beatty too. Much preferred Charles Bronson and Steve McQueen.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I like Out of Africa but mostly for the scenery and gorgeous John Barry score. I bought the CD.

I'm doing a Fred MacMurray top 30 video... IMO an underrated actor. I'm surprised at how many films this guy has starred in and co-starred with so many famous actresses, since the early 1930s! As a kid I only really knew him from the Disney films he made in the 60s. But Fred also starred in the highest rated film noir of them all -

Double Indemnity as.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I like Out of Africa because the handsome leading male character is named "Dennis".

In the US Fred MacMurray may be best known for his role on the TV sitcom My Three Sons.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In the US Fred MacMurray may be best known for his role on the TV sitcom My Three Sons.

I know, right?!? For years, that's all I knew him for. Then I discovered the Disney films (The Happiest Millionaire is my favorite!). Then I discovered Double Indemnity and all the other "grown up" films he did.

But for the longest time, I only knew him from My Three Sons (same for William Demarest). I never saw the earlier years with William Frawley. I wonder why MacMurray took the job on a TV sitcom? Simply for the work?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wonder why MacMurray took the job on a TV sitcom? Simply for the work?
He owned 50% of the production company, and created something they dubbed "the MacMurray Method", where all his shots were done in consecutive days, then while he was on vacation they would shoot the rest of the scenes with the other actors. Explains why he is upstairs, downstairs, or at the office a lot of times.

Nice work if you can get it.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I've never watched that TV show, I was mostly watching sci-fi when I was a kid - Star Trek, Lost in Space, UFO and Dr. Who of course.

I'm currently watching evil Gene Tierney in Leave Her to Heaven about to let Cornel Wilde's crippled little brother drown, gosh she's a nasty piece of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.