What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Terrible Video on Underwater (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
No, it only keeps those settings for Dolby Vision content (it's a 75UH8500) - it keeps separate settings for standard 2D non-HDR, then 3D, regular HDR and Dolby Vision, and all of those are also different for each input (the Dolby Vision problem happens with the internal Vudu app also.) I've got everything set the way it should be and never have to change anything. I had a Vizio TV that even had different picture settings for each resolution, including both interlaced and progressive, so I had to adjust for each of those as well when first setting it up or resetting it.
I’ve got the 65UH8500. I thought settings were unique to each HDMI input. Since I have my AVR feeding all my devices to the same HDMI port, I thought, as far as the TV goes, there was only one input. Are you saying the same HDMI port can have difference settings based on the format it is being fed?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I’ve got the 65UH8500. I thought settings were unique to each HDMI input. Since I have my AVR feeding all my devices to the same HDMI port, I thought, as far as the TV goes, there was only one input. Are you saying the same HDMI port can have difference settings based on the format it is being fed?

If your LG LCD works like my LG OLED, yes. It has separate settings for HD, HDR, and Dolby Vision. The settings mode it uses depends on the content coming into the input, and it switches modes automatically.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If your LG LCD works like my LG OLED, yes. It has separate settings for HD, HDR, and Dolby Vision. The settings mode it uses depends on the content coming into the input, and it switches modes automatically.
Well Jesse’s UH8500 works that way and now your OLED works that way. I don’t see why my UH8500 shouldn’t. thanks.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
OK, something else to consider. My UH8500 has an option to apple settings to “Apply to All Inputs.” I’ve always thought that meant apply to each HDMI input. Is that what it means?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it will set every input to the current settings, but again only for the format being displayed. I never use that, as each item needs a bit of tweaking. I still run everything through my receiver and most of the HDMI sources all work fine, the receiver also has its own picture adjustments. I think my Roku was a bit too dark so raised the brightness on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks