What's new

Terminator 3: Couple of Details (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros even though they do not support DTS has released Twister and Lethal Weapon 1-3 in DTS but droped the ball with T3.
True, but there was no audio difference between the DD and DTS on Twister and Lethal Weapon. Maybe they wanted the extra bits to be used for the video on T3 (and other titles).

ErichH

Screenwriter
The bits review is on the money. Perhaps the movie downplays what is a great audio track. It's a subwoofer party from start to finish. The commentarys are OK.
I came away from watching this DVD thinking how great the sound was, but same ol same ol for the rest.

Best To All

E

Kalle Karpaasi

Auditioning
Had a change to check this out and the DVD looks and sounds great. The other commentary track is a cast commentary where the different cast members were recorded at different locations and you get alternating snippets from them. I have to say that especially the Arnold parts were very underwhelming and boring even.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
This is exactly why this movie should have recieved a DTS track!
And that is exactly why we will see a T3 Extreme Special Blow Away Gray Davis and all He Stands For Edition.

Point is, we probably will see an R-1 T3 with DTS. Likely in a box set I suppose.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, Warner told us that there's an embargo on reviews until Tuesday?
Yes, there is - the press release SPECIFICALLY mentions it. Not that it should have to, as WB ALWAYS embargoes reviews until two weeks pre-street - no reviews of WB titles should ever go up earlier than that. Either Digital Bits and the smattering of others with reviews already online didn't read the release, forgot the policy, or just didn't care...

GregK

Screenwriter
At least Disc #1 isn't bogged down with many extras, and should(?) allow for a higher video bit rate.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I have my disc now and am not disappointed by lack of DTS because the DD mix really kicks ass. The video quality is spectacular also.

Bill Hunt

Insider
On the embargo issue, it was simply an innocent mistake. I didn't see the embargo paperwork (the disc got separated from the package, which was thrown away by someone here in the office), and operating on about three hours sleep while trying to get the post done last night, the Warner embargo issue completely left my mind. I've been out of the office since 7AM. It was not until returning a few minutes ago (8 PM) that I even became aware that it was a problem. So, that's about the size of it. I'm just glad we were only a day early - we could just as easily have posted it by accident last week.

We aren't the first folks to accidentally break an embargo date and I know we won't be the last. It happens. We've been around since the beginning of this format and it's not like we make a habit of it. So there you go…

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks