What's new

Terminator 3: Couple of Details (1 Viewer)

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Incidentally, snapper cases are going the way of the dodo here in the UK - starting from September, all Warner releases will come in keepcases.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand, the DVD sounds okay but by the sounds of it the only proper documentary will be the HBO First Look, which no doubt will be simply an extended promotional press kit like most HBO documentaries...

Real Name
Anthony
The new EMPIRE magazine carries an int. with Mostow which says that "the T3 DVD will come out in various editions over staggered intervals".
Mostow is supposedly working on a very elaborate commentary track involving many of the cast and crew. He also mentions "a sequence from the video game that explains why the Terminators look and sound like (Arnie) and a 'lab' in which the viewer 'layers' their own effects shots".

For those that are interested, the magazine also mentions a rumoured 10th Anniversary edition of THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION with a comm, the C4 doc and a spoof short called
THE SHARK TANK REDEMPTION.
Post that last bit in its own thread if you want. Not being a fan, I can't be bothered. :)

VinceCar

Grip
Does anyone know anymore about the ''Create An Action Scene Feature''? It sounds cool, but never heard of it on any other DVDs

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I figured if Warner had anything to do with this movie, there would be no DTS:angry: !!!

Even if there's multi studio involvement, like Columbia and others, you can bet no DTS!!

Danny_Tam

Agent
Do you think the subsequent releases of T3 would feature a new/better transfer than the initial version, or just lots of new extras? I don't mind if they want to release more than one version, as long as they're not crapping out on the video and saving their energy till the 'Ultimate' edition comes along.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Do you think the subsequent releases of T3 would feature a new/better transfer than the initial version, or just lots of new extras?
Since it's WB handling the domestic release of T3 and not Sony, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the transfer on the initial DVD. They usually do great work, particularly with new titles.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Altough I am glad that T3 will be out on dvd in November. I however am disapointed that T3 is not receiving the DTS surround treatment. I dont doubt that the DD track will not be decent. But I have to question the judgement of Warner Bros for not including DTS for T3. We got DTS for T2 so why not for T3? :angry:

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Well guys, as luck would have it, it's too bad that the domestic distribution rights would be handled by a movie studio,Warner, that does not support DTS on DVD!!! :angry:

If it would be any other studio other than Warner and of course Paramount, we would be getting our DTS on the T3 DVD in most likely hood.

I'm feeling pretty bad about this... :frowning:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
mmmmm maybe its time to buy a R2 copy of T3 :D . It really sucks that T3 is not coming out in DTS in R1 :angry: .

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Obviously with newer movies, there are occasions where it's written into the contract that the stars have to record commentary tracks.

As for T3 and DTS, I'm getting the Japanese DVD w/DTS.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hmmm, Warner told us that there's an embargo on reviews until Tuesday? That's why DVDAngle took their review off the site after a few hours last week...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
This is from DigitalBits:
The audio is also good, if not as impressive. Make no mistake, this is a solid 5.1 track. The front soundstage is big and wide, there's plenty of directional panning and atmospheric fill, and your subwoofer fills in the low end nicely. That said, nothing about this track is going to blow you away. It's good, and represents the movie experience nicely, but it's not going to win any awards.
This is exactly why this movie should have recieved a DTS track! :angry: . Warner Bros even though they do not support DTS has released Twister and Lethal Weapon 1-3 in DTS but droped the ball with T3. It is wierd that they say they do not support DTS but have released a few movies in a format they dont support. I will still be buying this movie but am still unhappy with WB stupidity! They messed up on not including a DTS track on Matrix & Matrix Reloaded so they are getting there bad track record back. It is nice to hear that the transfer quality is top notch and that WB did a great job on the video side. Now if they would just give movies the attention they deserve on the audio side!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks