Terminator 3: Couple of Details

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TomWoodward, Aug 17, 2003.

1. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Hey

Not a great deal of news yet but the official releasedate has been set as the 11th November. Retail price should be somewhere in the region of $29.95. The only other details are that it'll arrive in a two disc amaray with both English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. As expected no sign of DTS [​IMG] Oh, and the Warner press site also lists an Introduction as part of the extra material though they don't elaborate on that. I expect the full specs and artwork will appear within the next week.

2. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Nice, a week earlier than reported. Definitely looking forward to this one and very happy to learn that it's in an amaray plus two-discs.

3. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Ok dokey, I now have disc specs and artwork for ya. Please note that these could change a bit because the Warner press site and a Terminator 3 announcement presentation that I downloaded seem to detail slightly different things! Anyway, here's what we have so far:

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
    English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
    French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
    2 Commentaries with Director, Schwarzenegger, Stahl, Danes and Loken
    Introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Create Your Own Action Scene Feature
    The Making Of The Video Game
    Terminator Timeline
    Various Deleted Scenes
    HBO First Look Featurette
    On Set Gag Reel
    SkyNet Personnel & Weapons Database
    Storyboard Gallery
    Production Design Gallery
    Poster Gallery
    Toys In Action Feature
    Video Game Trailer
    Terminator 3 Trailer (International)
    Terminator 3 Trailer (Alternate)
    DVD-ROM Features
    Eastereggs

[​IMG]

4. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

5. Beast

Beast Second Unit

I don't see it as being impossible. Sure Arnie sort of got the better end of the deal, by getting them to pony up a cool million for the Total Recall commentary.

But T3 is a blockbuster that has made a ton of money, and will sell a ton of copies. A million is a drop in the bucket in this case. So hopefully Arnie did it. [​IMG]

6. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

and he is running for Governur as well

busy man indeed.

[​IMG]

7. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    A week or two ago on that Arnie site (TheArnoldFan.net, I think) reported that he did do a commentary.

8. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Na, the Arny commentary looks pretty certain. That's one thing that both the press site and the presentation said would be included. I also seem to remember a few sites covering him doing a commentary the other week, he recorded it the day before announcing running for governor or something. I've just updated the specs slightly by the way.

9. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

10. Bill J

Bill J Producer

No trailers? Or maybe they are the Easter Eggs...

11. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Very cool indeed! I was hoping they'd use the poster for the cover and it looks great. It's a great move by Warner to have Arnold do a track because this might be his last movie if he gets elected Governor.

Surprise! Surprise! Seperate fullscreen edition available[​IMG] .

12. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

13. R. Kay

R. Kay Second Unit

Amazing how a movie that came out 12 years after T2 looks like it was made before T2. Shows the genius of Cameron.

Not a thread crap, just an observation.

14. BrianCC

BrianCC Extra

Maybe this is obvious, but I'd bet the DVD commentary was part of Ahnuld's deal to make the movie in the first place.

15. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Ok dokey, now updated the specs list with what I believe are the final specs, but who knows! Nice to see more people getting involved with the commentaries anyway. Also, here's a 3D packshot, though this one doesn't have the widescreen banner at the top for some reason. I imagine there will be one though as the disc will be available in fullscreen too.

[​IMG]

16. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

This sounds like it'll have some solid features, but I do have one small regret/complaint. I guess I'm getting spoiled from excellent releases like the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings discs, but this title seems like it really deserved to have a 60-90 minute full-blown documentary. After all, we're talking about one of the most anticipated sequels of all time coming out 12 years after the last one. I mean, there's only a handful of movies that have that kind of durability.

Like I said, it's not a huge complaint, but I really would've liked to see an in depth look at how they came back to the series, prepared to tackle the challenge of such a beloved franchise, etc. Who knows, though. Maybe I'll get my wish when the Super Duper Ultimate Definitive Edition comes out... :wink:

17. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Warners rarely re-release recent films in Super-SE editions. Columbia, who own the international rights, are another matter. I'm waiting on the press release for the Superbit and then Ultimate Superbit Deluxe versions.

18. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Hopefully this will deliver the promised full treatment the first time around as we are seeing reported. It's taken Artisan how many times to get everything about T2 out there for the fans, including VHS and laserdisc - seven or eight, I think? Counting the pan-scan VHS, the widescreen VHS, the laserdisc, the Pioneer SE laserdisc, the three DVD releases - ugh!

Let's hope that Warner gets it right the first time around and we're not sucked into double- or triple-dipping like other studios. [​IMG]

19. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

Be still my beating heart, is that a keepcase I see, from Warner Bros?
    [​IMG]

-Lyle J.P.

20. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Warner has decided to go the Keep-case route with certain movies. The decision is a movie by movie basis. Another title that will use a keep-case will be The Matrix:Reloaded