What's new

Tennessee Wins!!! (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
03coll.1.jpg

FLORIDA ST fans salute THE VOLS - way to get it done!!!

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Just in... Tennessee is #2 in the BCS.

Heres the lowdown:

1. Miami (2.50)

2. Tennessee (4.79)

3. Nebraska (8.39)

4. Colorado (9.88)

5. Oregon (10.44)

6. Florida (14.65)

7. Texas (19.22)

8. Illinois (20.69)

9. Stanford (21.64)

10. Maryland (22.25)

Of course, once again, Jeff Sagarin has proven that he is a huge ass and a horrible judge. He still ranks Tennessee as #5 (OK, whatever) but what the hell is he thinking by having Florida ranked #2 still!

Doesn't the fact that Tennessee has the toughest strengh of schedule of ALL of the top teams except Colorado mean anything? I guess not, as Sagarin has Colorado at #6 behind Texas, who just lost to Colorado this weekend, and who has a much tougher schedule than them.

Oh well, Jeff Sagarin, you are truly one of the ignorant...

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
If Nebraska goes to Pasadena, the BCS will be a huge farce. How can a team that does not even make it to its conference championship game get to play for the national title? Sorry, but if Tennessee falters against LSU, Oregon should go to the Rose Bowl.
Yep. If Nebraska makes it to the Rose Bowl, the BCS will have officially shit the bed. Give up 62 points in your final game, don't even make your conference championship, and get to play for the national title?

As for the Vols, thank you for beating Spurrier. I can't stand that a-hole. Still, if the Vols make the title game, I will be glad that it is in Pasadena and not Tempe this year. Vols fans defaced just about every Tempe restroom facility in a bar or restaurant that year. "A national champion pissed here." Great, but can't you celebrate without the graffiti?

Also, if you are more than 6' tall, or weigh more than 200 lbs., think twice before buying tickets to the Rose Bowl. Bench seats in the back of corvettes seemed roomy by comparison. In fact, a trip from your seat to the aisle almost guarantees an intimate physical relationship with everyone you pass along the way...TF

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
After seeing the latest BCS standings, I will be pulling for Tennessee to win the SEC championship this weekend. The Cornhuskers absolutely do not deserve to go to Pasadena. This flaw needs to get fixed in the BCS formula. You should not be able to play for a national championship if you cannot even win your own conference.

Can you see this in any other sport. Tagliabue announces: "Yes, we know the Rams lost to the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. But, they are a better team than the Bears -- the winners of the NFC championship -- so we're sending them to the Super Bowl."

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
After the thumping Nebraska took they should have fallen off the BCS face of the earth two weeks ago. Instead, they received a minimal (still hanging around) penalty for that loss. Even Oregon should be ahead of Nebraska.

I am not a great SEC fan, but this weekend it is certainly, GO VOLS! Why? Because the BCS needs to be bailed out once again to have the right thing happen. Nebraska doesn't deserve any opportunity to play for the NCAA championship - PERIOD!

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I dont know what's more frightening...

The fact that someone with as much so-called "credibility" in the professional sports world has a web-page that looks like it was thrown together in 10 minutes with the Geocities HTML editor...

Or, the fact that he graduated from MIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks