Tennessee Wins!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven K, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Woo Hoo!
    YES! Finally!!!
    What more can I say?
    ROCKY TOPS, TENNESSEE!
    Rose Bowl, here we come??? Perhaps with a little help... [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Thank you so much, Tennessee! That was as good as slapping Steve Spurrier myself. See ya, Gators! [​IMG]

3. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

The only complaint I have about that game is that the Gators did not receive an ass-whippin' on the scoreboard equivalent to the one they got on the football field. There's nothing I enjoy more than to see my team in the Florida backfield, licking quarterbacks and knocking down passes.

Great game. I just hope that everyone who gets a vote in the polls was watching.

4. David McGough

David McGough Second Unit

[​IMG] How sweet it is!!! The time is come 2 more games and we
    will be at the TOP.. Only sad thing is we owe the Taliban..

5. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Hell YEah!!!!!

The meet and greet is tonight at 11:30 near the track on campus. I want to go but seeing as Im only 16 and my dad originally told me we would but now we arent I cant. HUGE WIN!!!! I will be in Atlanta next Saturday!!!! Go Colorado and Auburn!!!!

6. Steven K

I'm thinking about going to the SEC Championship game as well. I've been checking out packages and prices (might be a bit $$$ for a flight from Boston with the short amount of time left) but what the hell... it'll be my Christmas present to myself.

I'd have paid good money to see Spurrier throw his visor tonight... I guess he's going to now claim that Tennessee was trying to intentionally injure Rex Grossman by blitzing on almost every play and making him eat grass all night long...

7. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

Thank you Vols! Now if the Bufs take out Texas, Nebraska could be back in the Rose Bowl! Go Colorado! [​IMG]

8. Steven K

9. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

This was the highlight of my college football season being a Nole fan. Considring the season we had, but next year will be a different story.[​IMG]
    Spurrier got what he deserved, I am just waiting to hear if he blames FSU for the loss, because of the loss of Grahm.

10. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    it looks like I'm the only one here that disagrees. I was hoping to see the Gators win. Mainly because I live in Gainesville though[​IMG]
    edit: although I'll admit it was kinda funny to watch Spurrier throughout the game[​IMG] it's a sad night on Gainesville though.

11. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

Who? Me a Vol fan?!? [​IMG] YAHOO! What a game!
    I tell ya, we may have won the game in `98... but even then we didn't "beat" Florida, they just choked. THIS year, however, we beat them... in the Swamp, on senior day, in front of a national audience, doing what we do best... pounding the rock up the middle. Finally we Vol fans got to see UT play a complete 60 minutes of football, and the results were amazing. This is the best Tennessee game I've seen since the `86 Sugar Bowl. It doesn't get any better than this.
    Furthermore, Travis Stephens should get Heisman consideration for his performance tonight (and he could have won it if we had this game in September). Too bad most of the votes have already been cast. It would have been nice to at least see him on the stage with 4 other finalists. Oh well, at least he'll win the award for best runningback. Combine that with (Big John) Henderson getting his second straight Outland trophy, and I think this really tops off the end of a great regular season.
    Well, only one more game to go, and if we win that we'll come out smelling like a rose... as in Tournament of Roses, as in Natl' Championship bound! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But I'll say this, and I'm way ahead of myself, I don't think even winning a BCS title against Miami this year could taste as sweet as this win tonight.
    [​IMG] The 5'9" wonder, 190lbs of unstoppable fury. Proof that awesome things DO come in small packages!

12. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Here's an update
    BUFFS BEAT TEXAS!!!!!
    I'm a Kentucky Wildcat fan myself, but hey, it's nice to see "family" in the hunt for the national championship [​IMG]
    GO SEC!!!
    Now only if Oregon could lose...

13. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

This is what I'm screamin':
    I need updated plates for my car. I need to replace the 1998 Championship ones. [​IMG] I would've jumped in earlier on this thread but I was trying to get tickets to Hot-lanta. [​IMG]
    As far as BCS lineup, there's no way that UT doesn't jump to #2. ESPN picked Florida by 18. I suppose beating the line by 20 should knock some sense into 'em.
    Oregon barely gets by a 5-6 Oregon State team. TN will be #2 in the BCS come monday.
    Added: There is a bit of controversy in the end minutes of the game. The Gators are stating there were a few errors made and are demanding a recount. :b

14. John Thomas

15. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

WOOHOO!!!!!!! TENNESSEE....

What a game. I 'bout tore my couch up jumping around. My bass shakers never shook the couch like I did when that game was over!!!

Did anyone notice..... how few times the tv crew scanned the Tenn Fans? It seemed every few minutes we had to look at some ditzy cheerleader doing the gator chomp. Well, we tied a rope around that sucker!

Tennessee should certainly be on up there in the rankings but you know those damn sportwriters! Seems those perennial (?) powerhouses of florida, Nebraska, etc just slip in there somehow.

Even though Tennesse is enjoying a BIG win, they had to do it by overcoming some significant calls made by that team of officials. First, that lateral that was such a bad call, then when Grossman fumbled..... both called dead when at least the lateral was so obvious.... I mean like 2-3 yards back!!!!

There was a post above that mentioned the whooping florida got wasn't reflected in the scoreboard.... how so. They took one good slapping at just about evey point on the field. Tennessee was just dominate this night. But nothing was so good as to see spurrier's reactions. Cry baby..... Yeah, he'll find someone to blame. He already started that during his press conference.....

Let's hope Tennessee plays the same game against LSU.

16. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

17. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

18. Craig

Craig Second Unit

Looks like the Head Bawl Coach learned you can spell 'Rose Bowl' without 'UF'.

19. John Thomas

20. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Go LSU! Baton Rouge born and raised here!