What's new

Tennessee Wins!!! (1 Viewer)

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Woo Hoo!
YES! Finally!!!
What more can I say?
ROCKY TOPS, TENNESSEE!
Rose Bowl, here we come??? Perhaps with a little help... :)
:D :D :D :D

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Thank you so much, Tennessee! That was as good as slapping Steve Spurrier myself. See ya, Gators! :D

Darren H

Second Unit
The only complaint I have about that game is that the Gators did not receive an ass-whippin' on the scoreboard equivalent to the one they got on the football field. There's nothing I enjoy more than to see my team in the Florida backfield, licking quarterbacks and knocking down passes.

Great game. I just hope that everyone who gets a vote in the polls was watching.

David McGough

Second Unit
:) How sweet it is!!! The time is come 2 more games and we
will be at the TOP.. Only sad thing is we owe the Taliban..

Van Patton

Second Unit
Hell YEah!!!!!

The meet and greet is tonight at 11:30 near the track on campus. I want to go but seeing as Im only 16 and my dad originally told me we would but now we arent I cant. HUGE WIN!!!! I will be in Atlanta next Saturday!!!! Go Colorado and Auburn!!!!

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about going to the SEC Championship game as well. I've been checking out packages and prices (might be a bit $$$ for a flight from Boston with the short amount of time left) but what the hell... it'll be my Christmas present to myself.

I'd have paid good money to see Spurrier throw his visor tonight... I guess he's going to now claim that Tennessee was trying to intentionally injure Rex Grossman by blitzing on almost every play and making him eat grass all night long...

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Vols! Now if the Bufs take out Texas, Nebraska could be back in the Rose Bowl! Go Colorado! :D

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Now if the Bufs take out Texas, Nebraska could be back in the Rose Bowl
I dont think so... of course, anything is possible. Tennessee always gets screwed in the BCS rankings by people like Jeff Sagarin, etc...

However, it Texas loses (which looks like it will happen as of the end of the 3rd quarter), Tennessee will probably move up to #2 in both major polls.

Id say it would look like this:

1. Miami

2. Tennessee

3. Oregon

4. Nebraska

5. Florida

Of course, Neb could be #3 since Oregon barely beat State... regardless Im pretty sure Tennessee will be #2.

But think about it, Nebraska had 62 points scored on them. If they get into the championship game, something is seriously wrong with the system...

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
This was the highlight of my college football season being a Nole fan. Considring the season we had, but next year will be a different story.:D
Spurrier got what he deserved, I am just waiting to hear if he blames FSU for the loss, because of the loss of Grahm.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
it looks like I'm the only one here that disagrees. I was hoping to see the Gators win. Mainly because I live in Gainesville though:D
edit: although I'll admit it was kinda funny to watch Spurrier throughout the game:D it's a sad night on Gainesville though.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Who? Me a Vol fan?!? :D YAHOO! What a game!
I tell ya, we may have won the game in `98... but even then we didn't "beat" Florida, they just choked. THIS year, however, we beat them... in the Swamp, on senior day, in front of a national audience, doing what we do best... pounding the rock up the middle. Finally we Vol fans got to see UT play a complete 60 minutes of football, and the results were amazing. This is the best Tennessee game I've seen since the `86 Sugar Bowl. It doesn't get any better than this.
Furthermore, Travis Stephens should get Heisman consideration for his performance tonight (and he could have won it if we had this game in September). Too bad most of the votes have already been cast. It would have been nice to at least see him on the stage with 4 other finalists. Oh well, at least he'll win the award for best runningback. Combine that with (Big John) Henderson getting his second straight Outland trophy, and I think this really tops off the end of a great regular season.
Well, only one more game to go, and if we win that we'll come out smelling like a rose... as in Tournament of Roses, as in Natl' Championship bound! :cool::D :cool: :D :cool: :D
But I'll say this, and I'm way ahead of myself, I don't think even winning a BCS title against Miami this year could taste as sweet as this win tonight.
Link Removed The 5'9" wonder, 190lbs of unstoppable fury. Proof that awesome things DO come in small packages!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Here's an update
BUFFS BEAT TEXAS!!!!!
I'm a Kentucky Wildcat fan myself, but hey, it's nice to see "family" in the hunt for the national championship :D
GO SEC!!!
Now only if Oregon could lose...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
This is what I'm screamin':
I need updated plates for my car. I need to replace the 1998 Championship ones. :D I would've jumped in earlier on this thread but I was trying to get tickets to Hot-lanta. ;)
As far as BCS lineup, there's no way that UT doesn't jump to #2. ESPN picked Florida by 18. I suppose beating the line by 20 should knock some sense into 'em.
Oregon barely gets by a 5-6 Oregon State team. TN will be #2 in the BCS come monday.
Added: There is a bit of controversy in the end minutes of the game. The Gators are stating there were a few errors made and are demanding a recount. :b

DonnyD

Screenwriter
WOOHOO!!!!!!! TENNESSEE....

What a game. I 'bout tore my couch up jumping around. My bass shakers never shook the couch like I did when that game was over!!!

Did anyone notice..... how few times the tv crew scanned the Tenn Fans? It seemed every few minutes we had to look at some ditzy cheerleader doing the gator chomp. Well, we tied a rope around that sucker!

Tennessee should certainly be on up there in the rankings but you know those damn sportwriters! Seems those perennial (?) powerhouses of florida, Nebraska, etc just slip in there somehow.

Even though Tennesse is enjoying a BIG win, they had to do it by overcoming some significant calls made by that team of officials. First, that lateral that was such a bad call, then when Grossman fumbled..... both called dead when at least the lateral was so obvious.... I mean like 2-3 yards back!!!!

There was a post above that mentioned the whooping florida got wasn't reflected in the scoreboard.... how so. They took one good slapping at just about evey point on the field. Tennessee was just dominate this night. But nothing was so good as to see spurrier's reactions. Cry baby..... Yeah, he'll find someone to blame. He already started that during his press conference.....

Let's hope Tennessee plays the same game against LSU.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thank you Vols! Now if the Bufs take out Texas, Nebraska could be back in the Rose Bowl! Go Colorado!
If Nebraska goes to Pasadena, the BCS will be a huge farce. How can a team that does not even make it to its conference championship game get to play for the national title? Sorry, but if Tennessee falters against LSU, Oregon should go to the Rose Bowl.

Craig

Second Unit
Looks like the Head Bawl Coach learned you can spell 'Rose Bowl' without 'UF'.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
"We didn't win anything this year," coach Steve Spurrier said. "We had a good record, had a lot of good games, but we didn't win anything."
There's always the Citrus Bowl, Steve. ;)
Unfortunately, I believe Florida will end up going to the Orange Bowl to play Maryland. MARYLAND? In the Orange Bowl? What the hell has happened to college football? Illinois in the Sugar Bowl? Whaaaa? Strange season, this is.
Ranting on another topic, for those fans of BYU that think they should be in the title game, one question: who have they played? The only opponent of theirs that has any sliver of respect from me is Mississippi State and they are having an off-year. There's no way that BYU or any other team who takes a soft schedule will make the big game. The only way that would happen is all the other contenders have lost 2-3 games each.
One more thing: Someone seriously needs to consider taking action against the referees of the TN/FLA game. They really appeared to be giving the game to Florida, as they did last year. Let's hope we don't get the same refs again next year in Neyland Stadium, Knoxvegas. :D
TN vs LSU in Atlanta next Saturday! Go Vols!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks