What's new

Technical Difficulties (1 Viewer)

MikeSno

Grip
I recently had a tech over to check out a couple of problems with my RCA MM52110 Rear Projection HD Ready monitor. I had a problem with progressive scan inputs and a grayscale (green push problem). He came in checked it out and with no test equipment diagnosed the problem as a progressive module and he said the green crt was bad. This is without any equipment and without using the servic menu or anything. He then removed the front panel checked the mirror real fast and began drastically changing the color guns. He set everything up real hot. Making drastic changes without using avia disc or anything. The set looks horrible now. Everything is extremely bright and washed out. Colors are way off. He said they will be calling to give estimate on repairs soon. The set was usable before, now it looks real bad and I dont think it is healthy for the set to be set like this. Should I try to have another shop check it out. Im sure the estimate will be very high if he thinks it needs a crt and a progressive module. The set is only 14 mos old and is out of warranty. It had a great picture at one time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tech spent a total of about 25 minutes. Seemed like he was in a big hurray. It cost $100 just to have my TV ruined.:frowning:

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Immediately turn the contrast back down to perhaps about a third of the scale. The set can stay that way without unhealthy side effects until the next serviceman visit. You can tweak it with your AVIA disk.

If the first serviceman didn't do anything useful you might want to ask for your money back.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

MikeSno

Grip
Thanks Allen,
That is what I did. I just cant believe he made these drastic adjustments. You can see color on a blank screen. I am having another store check it out soon. I hope it can be saved. The tech called me this morning to tell me the estimate would be $800.00. I told him NO THANKS

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks