What's new

TB's long throw 6.5"~ 11.5-mm (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Ran across this little guy last weekend while looking for something else.

Don't think I've seen this driver mentioned, tho the (Extremis 6" has been), and it looks impressive given the info that has come forth!

Have a look see at TB's little guy..
TB's W6-1139SA long throw 6.5"~TS-params & Pic

Nuera is not showing this 6.5" on site yet, any place got these?

Has anyone actually seen one?

TangBand also has a 5" driver, 9.5-mm, and that is also up on their site in the (NEW) section along with this driver...

Cheers
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Good question Allen, don't know...

Might be more reasonable than thought given the stamp basket and paper cone, but who knows!

Hopefully someone will have more information in regards to the driver.

Geoff

Bob Reimer

Agent
The difficulty with all the TB drivers is that they are only possibilities (I have CD ROM full) until someone orders 1000. I know Nuera is bringing more in but not sure which ones and when.

Bob

DarrenK

Grip
Parts Express will be carrying the 6-1/2" driver, it will probably be arriving in the beginning of March or so. Pricing is not set yet, but I will say it definitely will be in the "reasonable" range.

See ya!

Darren

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
I personally find their 8"'s parameters to be more attractive. I believe the 8 is like $30. Plan on picking up two for my bedroom once my friend pays me for the amp I sold him.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Nice that PE is picking up the 6.5. Wonder, will they look into the 8"-TB, or might that be comp cutting into their new Quatro...?

The 6.5 might be used in a number of ways, but certainly I can see some interesting little subs being built with them if the price is a reasonable as it might appear from Darren post..

Not the best use of the dollar, but I first thought of a dual clam Iso~Bi-pole and LT'ed. Wasted driver SD, but tight, clean, & tiny. Didn't try modeling anything, just a quick thought.
Looks like some type line array sub could be fun to.

The TB 8" is a nice bargin, but PR'ed or LT'ed seems manditory to get them to dig...Unless you can live with the stove pipe look.

The MCM-8 (near TB clone) looked good too, but heard their only good for a few months at best, they eventually sag out and turn to junk...
Don't know if it was a bad batch or a designing problem from the start...

Geoff

AllanRW

Second Unit
the TB 8" can go ported.
As i have done need to fold the port inside .No problem and gets that 8" just a thumping.

Al

AllanRW

Second Unit
As far as i know from the last talk with Dan and bob these are still a few months away from production.
Good drivers are not easy to make just on a first try.

Al

DarrenK

Grip
Hello Everyone,

Yes, Parts Express will be carrying the 6.5" subwoofer. It has been a long wait for us too, but, it is due to arrive shortly, probably in the next week or two. Pricing will be a little higher than initially thought, at about $41 per unit. I'll drop by here when they get in stock and on-line.

See ya,

Darren

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Well seeing will be beliving when it comes to the new lil monster Tangband and actually being able to get your hands on one.

I do so hope they show up in the next week or two. I and many others a very curious about this little guy and can't wait to get our grubby little hands on a few.

Thanks much for the update Darren and will be looking forward to your next (the TB's are in stock) post!

Cheers
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks