What's new

T2 UE problem is it worth replacing? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I have a problem with my T2:UE. My copy of the disc has audio drop-outs in 2 places. I'm playing it back on a Toshiba 2150 DVD player, I own the DVD-18 version. IMO the disc is probably scratched because I've noticed places on the disc where it looks like it is scratched. The other thing I noticed with my copy is that the disc has a wierd white speckle all around both sides of the disc. I've owned the disc for around almost a year now (a year coming Dec 25.) I was thinking that since this is probably my best disc in my collection and also my favorite movie that I should replace it. Bestbuy has it now for $19.99. My question is, do you think I should buy a brand new disc and replace my aging one I've had since last year? or is there something else I could do to repair this problem? I've already tryed cleaning it and that doesn't work. Any other tips? thanks
------------------
-Keith-
My DVD's

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Since this is a great DVD for sound and picture I would probably get another another disc. I don't know if you existing one can be repaired.
------------------

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just curious. Are the dropouts occuring in the DTS or DD mode? I've heard of dropouts in the DTS mode with some discs.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm sorry I really don't have any technical info for you, but can you rent or borrow another copy of T-2 to completely rule out the disc? Or test it on a friends system?
If it is the disc and you can't get your money back, then yes this movie is worth replacing!!
But the new T-2 for $19.99 does not have the real tin anymore (actually you still might be able to find one), they are cardboard now, but you probably still have the tin.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

willyh

Agent
I have had a few DVDs that have been scratched during shipment. In all cases an application of "CD Scratch Remover" has fixed the problem. One bottle can repair up to 50 DVDs or CDs. You can check it out at www.cdscratchremover.com. Good luck.
William Hancock

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Mine copy (double disc set) has audio drop outs in DTS
mode. In DD, no problem. There was a discussion of this
some time ago and I recall that it was contributed to
the seamless branching in combination with DTS and
some players. I have a Pioneer player.
I think I posted a list of timestamps where the
drop outs occurred as well.
------------------

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I believe there was mastering problems on the DVD-18 version as to why they came out with the 2-disc DVD-9 versions (which I have with no known problems).

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
The DVD 9 versions were brought out because they couldn't produce enough DVD 18 versions in time of the release. The drop outs I recall are a firmware issue. Not a 100% on this but when the DVD came out I believe that was the verdict with others. Try the disc on a friends player and see if the same thing occurs.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Oh come on.... Wal Mart will take back anything!!! Just go to the counter tell them you bought it the other day and it has some problems, swap it out and viola a new Terminator Disk. You could probably even keep the metal case that your's is in since the new ones are in a cardboard case.
Remember, Wal-Mart is good for something.!
- Andy
No OAR = No Sale

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I own a Toshiba 2109 and it sometimes has audio dropouts in DTS for a few of the discs I own. DD is perfectly fine on all of these. It also has a problem with Seamless Branching as The Abyss has paused itself on a few occasions. I believe the problem is as RickardL stated, that the dropouts are most likely attributed to the player.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Pioneer 525 since 1999. So far did not experience
any audio dropouts on DTS or DD. Layer changes is seamless
with this player. I have the T2 UE DVD 18 version and never
encounter the problem posted. Regarding the white speckle it
could be DVD rot. Its a great disc & worth keeping.
Regarding the audio dropouts it could be firmware problem
as mentioned by some of you.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just a tid bit of info:
Onkyo recievers will drop out in DTS with the Re-Eq on!
Wes

RickardL

Supporting Actor
One dropout occurs when the T-1000 knocks on the door
at John Connor's foster parents. It is sort of around the
time of the knock and the door being opened, it
occurs at 16:52.
Just FYI, I have a Pioneer DV-727 and a Sony receiver.
------------------
[Edited last by RickardL on November 06, 2001 at 03:10 PM]

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Onkyo 676. The RE:Q is always on. It helps
with cutting away brightness in dialoque from centre spkr.
Played the chapter 11 in question on DTS several times &
did not notice any dropoff at all. It was seamless! Love
the T2 UE DVD.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I have a Pioneer DV717, and the T2 DVD 18 version
I noticed an audio dropout (both DD and DTS) right near the end just after the Terminator has gone. I think it occurs right at the point where the branching takes over as it doesn't drop out when I play the theatrical version, but does when i play the SE or Extended SE version.
Have people who have noticed the audio dropouts tried playing the theatrical version at the same point as where they notice the audio dropout??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks