What's new

T.J. Hooker Complete Series coming in July! (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got a bit curious and spot checked seasons 3-5, seeing as how they were unreleased and we all know that formerly unreleased shows from Sony can wind up having some pretty gnarly looking older videotape masters used (The Facts of Life, anyone?).

After my spot check, I have to say, I'm a bit pissed off now... that Sony didn't license this show out to someone for a Blu release, too. These are pretty obviously the HD remasters that have been shown on channels like Universal, only these are in the correct aspect ratio instead of cropped and zoomed.

So maybe there's hope for a HD release one day, since the episodes are ready. Mill Creek does that sort of thing fairly well.

But either way, I'm still happy to have the entire series on DVD.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I kinda wish I had room to keep an older tube style television around for those shot-on-tape shows. They're much more forgiving on them!

I'm very happy with my 35 inch JVC tube set and someone gave me a nice 32 inch last year that I have tucked away for when this set goes. Hopefully that one will last a long time as well and by then, likely I will be ready to go so it won't matter if I can find another replacement.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The third through final seasons on that Shout! T.J. Hooker all-in-one-- do they have the bylineless CPT logo on the ends of them?

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The third through final seasons on that Shout! T.J. Hooker all-in-one-- do they have the bylineless CPT logo on the ends of them?
From Season 3.
vlcsnap-2018-04-04-07h24m17s259.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s only one data point, but Shatner was nice when I briefly met him outside his Broadway show a few years ago. He explained that he was sick and couldn’t stay long but took the time to thank us for waiting to see him. That was good enough for me.

I think it’s more a matter than the guy is nearly 90 and he’s simply not all that reverent about a canceled TV show he did over fifty years ago, or a series of movies he did decades ago. And for some people who find deep meaning in that work, it can be awkward to meet the guy who was in it who doesn’t care about it as much as they do. But I also find that to be an unrealistic expectation among some fans. The actor’s primary job is to play the role, not to be as big of a fan as the person watching it.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Richard Herd who passed away recently is in the first couple of seasons, I think as Heather Locklear's dad.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Got a note from shout factory today , They do not know if there are cut episodes and no enhancement was done over the first 2 seasons , Is there anybody that would know if the shout set is different from the Sony season 1 &2 ?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Shout seasons 1 and 2 are identical to the Sony. Same prints and end logos. Seasons 3 - 5 show no signs of restoration and have the Columbia Television logos. They look fine, but are obviously from slightly inferior prints than the first 2 seasons.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
The Shout seasons 1 and 2 are identical to the Sony. Same prints and end logos. Seasons 3 - 5 show no signs of restoration and have the Columbia Television logos. They look fine, but are obviously from slightly inferior prints than the first 2 seasons.
Thanks .
Looks like the UK can get it in HD at amazon prime uk for season 2 &3 . I wonder if there is a way to get it to play here ?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

Sony pulled the same BS with the Australian set of "Fantastic Journey" - mixed bag of print quality - but supposedly all uncut.

But then we all know how much Sony cares about their TV library in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks