What's new

FINALLY! MAYBERRY R.F.D. The Complete Series is going to be released DVD only on 6/13/2023 along with Night Court. Details below. (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just spotted this wonderful news from Bill Hunt's website The Digital Bits, by which Mayberry R.F.D. and the original Night Court series will finally be released in completed form on June 13, 2023 and here is the proof of this but no cover art as of yet but will post an update when I spot it at my end...(On DVD only, just for the record)...

Warner Bros. has announced a pair of new TV DVD sets for release on 6/13, including Mayberry R.F.D.: The Complete Series and Night Court: The Complete Series. These are DVD only.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Are these being done akin to the Maverick and Growing Pains releases?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Good News I have been waiting for Mayberry RFD Season 2 and 3 for a long time.
1682604650856.png

64.99 on Amazon!

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I hope "Mayberry" is the complete uncut episodes, not the butchered syndicated prints that are currently floating around online. Next up, we need the UNCUT "The Real McCoys". The compete series released years ago was butchered syndicated prints.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I hope "Mayberry" is the complete uncut episodes, not the butchered syndicated prints that are currently floating around online. Next up, we need the UNCUT "The Real McCoys". The compete series released years ago was butchered syndicated prints.
On Amazon streaming they are 26 mins might be rounded off so the episodes should be uncut - can anyone explain how WB owns this and not CBS???

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just spotted this wonderful news from Bill Hunt's website The Digital Bits, by which Mayberry R.F.D. and the original Night Court series will finally be released in completed form on June 13, 2023 and here is the proof of this but no cover art as of yet but will post an update when I spot it at my end...(On DVD only, just for the record)...

Warner Bros. has announced a pair of new TV DVD sets for release on 6/13, including Mayberry R.F.D.: The Complete Series and Night Court: The Complete Series. These are DVD only.
Well, it isn't April 1st so this can't be an April Fool's Day joke like a certain member on April 1st posted about a couple shows that would be released. I actually fell for it at first like a few others :) This is on the level then. Great news!

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
On Amazon streaming they are 26 mins might be rounded off so the episodes should be uncut - can anyone explain how WB owns this and not CBS???
Mayberry RFD was not a CBS production. Andy Griffith and his production partners produced it independently and contracted with Telepictures to distribute it in syndication. For the original Andy Griffith Show, I don’t know if CBS had an ownership stake or just got distribution rights to the reruns. But presumably they had more clout to dictate those terms to the producers in 1960 than they did in 1968 when Mayberry RFD premiered.

I think it’s somewhat akin to the Paul Henning shows. CBS coproduced both Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction and still has distribution rights. But CBS was not a production partner in Henning’s Green Acres, so they have never distributed it in syndication or on home video.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Mayberry RFD was not a CBS production. Andy Griffith and his production partners produced it independently and contracted with Telepictures to distribute it in syndication. For the original Andy Griffith Show, I don’t know if CBS had an ownership stake or just got distribution rights to the reruns. But presumably they had more clout to dictate those terms to the producers in 1960 than they did in 1968 when Mayberry RFD premiered.

I think it’s somewhat akin to the Paul Henning shows. CBS coproduced both Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction and still has distribution rights. But CBS was not a production partner in Henning’s Green Acres, so they have never distributed it in syndication or on home video.
Thank you --- Andy Griffith is owned by CBS I do think

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
can anyone explain how WB owns this and not CBS???
Mayberry RFD was not a CBS production. Andy Griffith and his production partners produced it independently and contracted with Telepictures to distribute it in syndication.

And Telepictures ended up merging with Lorimar, just a few years before Lorimar was taken over by Warner Bros.

At any rate, I can live without Mayberry, R.F.D., but I'm definitely in for Night Court.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I do recall as an adolescent teen in the early 70s that Metromedia had the syndication rights to Mayberry RFD, because I've seen the repeats on what was then NBC affiliate KSTP-5 in Minneapolis-St.Paul, MN. They switched to ABC in 1979.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks