What's new

Swans at the Audio Insider... (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I was wondering if anyone had purchased Swans from the Audio Insider before. I placed my order on Monday and it still says pending. Does anyone know how long it takes them to process an order? I sent them an e-mail today but haven't heard back. Thanks in Advance.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I know quite a few people on here have them. Never heard anything bad about them. I think you'll be OK.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
While I have never ordered from Them I have heard nothing but good things about the audio insider. I am sure Jon Lane will either post to this forum or answer you quickly. He is very active in this forum and if everything I have heard is true you should be very happy with your purchase.

Greg

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've ordered from them on two occasions. There was a slight delay the second time because my order was placed on a friday afternoon and they didn't ship out until the next monday. That was my only problem and everyone at TAI are very helpful.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I've read nothing but great things about them. I was thinking of holding off my purchase to see what SVS is offering later this year but I really want to try the swans out.....When I decide to add the Swan surrounds should i go with the expensive or cheap? I have no problem filling my room as it's a small basement room. I'm just anxious to break in my new speakers...hehe. how do you like your Swans stephen?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
All you need to do is call Jon up an find out the status. He may be waiting a couple of days for a shipment on one of your speakers or something. He's a stand up guy though and again just give him a call..... All the internet companies have problems at one time or another keeping certain things in stock.. now different than anywhere else. Somtimes it just takes a bit longer... Thats the trade of sometimes for getting a better speaker for less money than you would pay generally at a B& M store. Good luck.. and let us know how you like the Swans...

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I love my swans. They sound amazing for HT which is 99% of my listening. The 4.1s don't quite have the low end for music w/out a sub. If given it to do over again I probably go w/ 2 pairs of 2.1s which would've saved money and given me a clear upgrade path to 7.1 by adding 5.2s or 6.1s as mains. The 4.1s really seem to be there just to fill a price point and don't offer alot over the 2.1s. I'm still extremely happy with my setup though.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

Like everyone else has said Jon is a great guy to work with and I would just give him a call.

Parker

JoeBloomberg

Auditioning
Cant wait to get mine, I have the 2.1's, C3 and R3's on order. Should be a huge improvement over my old Altec Lansing THX speakers.

Ive emailed Jon a few times and he is always quick to respond.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Well the 2.1s arrived today. The box was slightly smaller than the one my PB10ISD came in. I opened it up and there were these white gloves and another box. I opened up the other box and there were my 2.1s in these little cotton bags. I went to lift one out and I was surprised by the weight of it. My Titans were extremely light compared to these. So i took them out of their bags and put them on their stands. The first thing I'd liek to mention is the photos of these of the site really do not do them justice. No offense to the Audio Insider but the speakers look cheapie for some reason in the pictures. So I realized that there is no way the binding posts would accept the bare 12ga I was using i needed to run to ratshack to get some Plugs. So I finally have the hooked up! My impressions compared to the Paradigm Titans is just WOW. These things sound incredible. I don't know what i was missing before but my lows and midrange sound sooooo much cleaner and fuller. I feel ashamed for having even spent money on the Paradigms in the first place. They do need to be broken in though from what I can tell. Well thanks Audio Insider! And anyone planning on picking these up should take the plunge. They're the bomb. lol

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Jon, I have a set of Swans from the AV123 distribution days (4.1 mains, 2.1 rears, C-3 center). Recently my cat toppled one of the 4.1s while leaping from it to the top of the RPTV. The good news is that despite crashing hard to the hardwood floor, it only sustained a minor chip to the corner of the top end-cap.

(Let me assure everyone: these are some sturdy, well finished speakers to have withstood this crash!)

So, fortunately, it only suffered aesthetic damage, probably easily fixable by someone with some woodworking skills, but it's also given me an opportunity to consider upgrading to the 6.1s (or 5.2s).

My question is whether there's there any reason why the newly manufactured Swans that you're distributing would not be a sonic match for those from the AV123 days? Of course, I'd be getting the real rosewood finish for aesthetics and maybe even timbre matching.

One last thing: it's a surround setup, which is why I'm tempted to match the center with the 5.2s, but I listen to a great deal of 2-channel music on this system and privilege music over home theater. So, I'd prefer the speaker that's best for this purpose, which is why I'm leaning towards the 6.1s... unless the 5.2s can stake a claim to being a more "musical" speaker on their own. I suspect not, but if there's an argument to be made it's worth considering for the surround timbre matching.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks