What's new

SVU Cover Art? (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm a little worried about the release of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: The Second Year. The release date is just over a month away, and there has been no update in terms of extras or, more importantly, cover art, even though other artwork for other Universal titles has been released. Has it been pushed back for a release with another L&O title (such as *hopefully* Trial By Jury)?

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
IMO, it is highly unlikely that Trial by Jury will be released this year.

If I remember correctly, Dick Wolf said that the set of L&O:TBJ* would be used again next year. So possibly the series could be released with TBJ if it is signed on for 13 episodes and DOES become a hit. Otherwise, both could be lost.

That was from a press conference in July (or early August). He seemed very mad at the press and the brand name of Law & Order; I think he said something to that effect.

Of course, that was from a newspaper.

To the issue of SVU.....
Would it make more sense if Universal released L&O:CI with this instead of TBJ?

Or is there no plans for L&O:CI S2 as of yet?
Edit: According to TVshowsondvd.com.....the answer is: No.

*Meaning the set they shot the show on. NOT the DVD set.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I don't care about the art in terms of appearance. I'm just glad to see it. That confirms for me that it will be out. I was wondering, though, how they would choose colors.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

I'm kind of surprised they used both red and blue since previously SVU sets have been all red (and CI sets all blue and the mother show both colors... ect).

As an aside I thought when the TBJ came out for some reason I figured it'd have a goldish theme.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I was hoping that they would, if they changed the cover art, go in a similar pattern. From now on, I think all seasons of the L&O sets will be red-top and blue-bottom for even-numbered start years and blue-top and red-bottom for odd-numbered start years. If there's any confusion over that, look at the years for L&O S3 and L&O S14, and look at the actual years.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I'm not entirely sure they are even going that far for a pattern. I'm just relieved that it looks like they are continuing the L&O S3 slim cases in a slipcase.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The special features have been announced at DVD Answers, and they are among the best I've seen for a Universal title, and the best for a L&O set (with all apologies to Jerry Orbach):

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Also, I just noticed that on the cover art, Mariska is actually in front of Christopher. Good for balance (silently cheering for Mariska!).

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I noticed that he's in front of her on the spine though... though I agree, those extras sound very good. Now if we could just introduce Universal to the idea of episode commentaries.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I wish they would push on and get seasons 3 and 4 out soon. I really want to own the episodes Parasites and Pandora. I think Pandora is SVU at its best, although we could always use more Mariska Hargitay (this was primarily a Stabler episode).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks