What's new

SVS question? (1 Viewer)

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I just sent a copy of this message to Tom@svs but I thought I would go ahead and post it here too just to see what you guys thought. I just recieved my 20-39pc yesterday. I got it hooked up no problem. I dont have an spl meter to calibrate it yet I just did the best I could by ear. I haven't had much time to demo it yet but I did listen to a few cd's and they sound great. I also listened to the matrix scenes that were recommened in the manual and they blew me away. The last thing I demoed was Jurassic Park(DD version). I was demoing the T-rex scene and I heard a noise that I would best describe as a whistling/rattling noise. It wasn't exremely loud but it was noticible. It definetly seemed to be coming from the sub. I am baffled trying to figure out what is the cause of this. I dont think it was anything in the room cause it only did it on this one movie. For the same reason I dont think its the sub because again it was only this one scene I demoed. I thought I had maybe damaged the sub on this last scene, but when I threw on the radio after (heavy bass song) it was fine. The only thing I can come up with is it being the source material. Anybody else notice anything like this in the t-rex scene?
RobP

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
Tom's already answered your note. Via e-mail.
The short version is this, unless you are WAY out of whack in your calibration (possible, since you don't have a SPL meter, please get one!) the sub should NOT be making any such noise.
You should use it a bit more after more calibration though, and worst case we just send you a new sub. We sometimes get reports of odd noises so we're always hot to get our hands on a real example of a problem (most usually don't pan out, it ends up being something in the room or sometimes a bad driver).
Since you are in Cleveland we might be able to arrange a very quick exchange. Please e-mail Tom (tech support) with anything else you have tried since this note, and DO get a SPL meter so we can have an idea of what levels we're talking about here.
We do not want any sub out there performing less than 100%, just need a bit more info before we go chasing down blind alleys.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks