What's new

SVS and Behringer Feedback Destroyer (1 Viewer)

Patrick_T

Agent
Ok,

I have been researching how best to implement the BFD and have two conflicting sources. The SVS website says that when setting up the subwoofer that one should turn the amp all the way up and manipulate the sub signal via the receiver. The information on the BFD seems to say the BFD likes a hot signal and that it is best to turn the sub out signal as high as possible, but not high enought to clip the BFD, and then use the sub volume to produce the desired output level. So, what do we all think is the best advice? I guess the idea behind running the sub out hot is due to the possibility of the BFD not being very accurate for low signal strength, say if I am listening at -10 or -20 db from reference. If my typical listening level is -15 db from reference then do you think running the sub out hot is wise? I guess if someone would put together a start to finish installation of the BFD( I have seen what is out there but none of them are complete enough) that would help a bunch of people out. Thanks again.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I can only speak for my sub setup (Crown K2, Stryke 15.2s). I have the amps cranked all the way because the K2 has a gain control, not a volume control. I haven't noticed any problems controling the output level from my receiver. One option may be to turn up the receiver's control and use a filter in the 1124 to drop the level by that same amount.

If you search the DIY forum there is a nice explanation on sub calibration using the BFD, ETF software, & RS meter. You can do it without the ETF software (I used a spreadsheet and test CD).

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Patrick- I go by the LED signal strength indicators on the BFD. For my typical music listening, I only get 1 or 2 of the LEDs to light.

But for movies (with a lot of bass), I can get 2/3 to 3/4 of them to light.

I would imagine that you do not want to overload the BFD input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks