What's new

Survivor - Samoa (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
I thought Jaison was a lock to go home, he was basically begging to be voted off.

Oh and Patrick, you're description of Natalie brings the image back into my mind clearly, Mmmm

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The editing of all the scrambling was really solid. But I was getting so tired of all the air time Russell was getting during his own HII tour through Galu.

The booted-off didn't even pack his bags to tribal council. True blindside.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Erik made himself out to be a total asshat at council, he was practically daring people to vote for him at that point.

It's official, I love Russell and his game play, he finally won me over with his statement to Erik at council about never rolling over like Erik implied he should.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I get the sense that, possibly because of all the time we spend with Russell the conniver, we have barely scratched the surface on that piece of strangeness which is--Shambo. Or, as one of her tribemates pronounced it tonight: Sham-BO (like it's French: Shambeau, maybe).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dude, I am right on board. Russell is my new favorite.

Come on, he's playing the game like it should be played.

My only problem is that he's getting sloppy.

First, while I sort of understand him trying to align
himself by showing everyone the hidden idol, it has
worked against him.

I think it's a bad move to show people you have
the idol. People cannot keep that a secret and for
a while, it looked like the tribe was ready to make it
seem they were going to vote Russell off just to flush
the idol out. And you know what? Russell picked up
on that vibe and used the idol. Well as we know, his
name was NEVER put down on paper.

I wish Russell still had that idol.

I do agree Erik needed to go. However, I hope the
next person to go is Laura.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Dumb dumb move for Russell to play the idol - although maybe I would've too not know what was going on. The scrambling at the camp was awesome. Anyone could've went home.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It was not a dumb move for Russell to play the idol. It was a dumb move to show so many Galu members that he had it, because it immediately put a target on his back. It is possible that Galu was smart enough to make Russell think that the Erik vote off was a ruse in order to smoke out his idol, but was not shown in the episode. Also keep in mind that voting off Erik was Jaison & Natalie's plan B and Russell really didn't have a lot of faith in the outcome. So he felt he had to play it. Had Laura not gotten immunity, Russell probably would have held on to the HII since his plan would have been the operating plan.

I want to defend Shambo just a little bit here -- when Dave told her, "we're voting off Eric" and she replied, "Who?" my wife and I were crying from laughter. BUT...

Shambo follows up with, "OUR Erik?" indicating that she assumed it would be a Foa Foa member being voted off, and she didn't know of a Foa Foa member named Erik.

Now, this doesn't mean it wasn't yet another display of incompetence/ignorance/spaciness on the part of Shambo (no one else was confused like she was), but at least it wasn't that she didn't know her own tribemate's name. We laughed our asses off just the same. Besides, whose stupid idea was it to tell Shambo anything? She didn't even vote correctly anyway!

Natalie the Butterface has got to ditch that shapeless yellow dress and go bikini only full time. That would mitigate the numerous close ups of her face. It's not that she's ugly, it's just that she looks like a boy.

It's always fascinating to me that someone like Laura, who purports herself a servant of God and one who doesn't stray from the path of interpretive righteousness gets a big ole boob job. Unless she's going to claim that her husband instructed her to get implants, I'm going to file this kind of hypocritical nonsense under "D" for "DO NOT LIKE". At least she's willing to touch the immunity idol, unlike one past nutjob contestant.

I am going with growing sentiment is that Russell is growing on me and I'm actually rooting for him. The fact that he's the underdog make him that much more root-able. Then again, after pouring out canteens and burning Jaison's socks, there was no where to go but up.

This was the first tribal council with real suspense. I was getting goosebumps when Jeff read the first four votes.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I think it was a smart move for Russel to play the idol. I would rather see someone play it that did not know if they were going home instead of leaving the game with one because you are so confident that you never need to use it. I was not sure when they sat down who was going home and I think Russel did a good job of covering his butt. It didn't work but he didn't chance it.

Good episode-stupid challenge. I hate when the whole thing is based on dumb luck. They should have had take the best of three shots.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Erik may have helped cement his conclusion.. maybe the most arrogant approach to a council ever. I think anyone who was on the wall about voting was pretty well locked in after that peacock show.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Come to think of it...of the two guys who had hidden immunity idols:

The one who needed to play it, didn't. And the one who didn't, did. Of the two, Russell looks plenty smarter than Eric.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

It's always fascinating to me that someone like Laura, who purports herself a servant of God and one who doesn't stray from the path of interpretive righteousness gets a big ole boob job.
Laura has a boob job? If so, that was money NOT well spent.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Laura has a boob job, and I did find the presence of her bolt-on upgrades strange in light of her vocation.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/293003/survivor-samoa/120#post_3625482
Perhaps, but Russell now looks very vulnerable - he showed the others that he's not at all in control, and he no longer has the idol. It was a big mistake for him to use it.

Graham Perks

Second Unit
That was a really great episode. I couldn't work out why the girls were so ready to believe that Eric was gunning for Monica. Where did they get confirmation from? They didn't just believe Natalie did they? Do they have an insider in the gang of guys? (In fact it was rocket scientist's idea to get Monica, not Eric's...)

Then the other guys, who all seemed pretty solid, ended up voting for Eric. Some crazy switcheroos and I'm not surprised Russell played the idol. With hindsight it's easy to say it was a mistake, but at the time I'm sure Russell believed it was the safest course of action.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I am going to be sadder than sad if Russell goes home. He is the best part of this show. Eric basically threw himself under the bus with his stupid tribal council speech. IDIOT! I hope Russell can find a way to stick around, as crafty and sneaky as he is I am sure he will.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I understand the sentiment, but I'm not really sure how much impact his speech had on his ousting. I would think the vote had likely been preordained.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was funny to see Erik rooting against his former tribe as the votes were read by Jeff. But too bad some of the eye candy was sent away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks