Ronald Epstein
Let's change gears just for a moment. Tell me about
Season 20. It sounds like an "all-star" season which
I am guessing brings back favorites from the past few
seasons for another Survivor game.

I am most interested who is returning from the past two
seasons. Sugar? Loved her. More information would
be great.

Also, what is leaking out? Have they already taped it?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Taping finished about a month ago and a lot of details about boot order and even events during the season--some vague, some pretty specific--are starting to tumble out. That said, different sources are saying different things and a lot of it contradicts each other so I wouldn't totally put my faith in everything. The theme is Villains vs. Heroes apparently.

This is the cast list and which tribe they start out on (I'll spoiler tag it, but rest assured it's only the cast, nothing else):
Colby (Outback, All-Stars) - Hero
Jerri (Outback, All-Stars) - Villain
Boston Rob (Marquesas, All-Stars) - Villain
Rupert (Pearl Islands, All-Stars) - Hero
Sandra (Pearl Islands) - Villain
Tom (Palau) - Hero
Stephenie (Palau, Guatemala) - Hero
Cirie (Panama, Micronesia) - Hero
Danielle (Panama) - Villain
Parvati (Cook Islands, Micronesia) - Villain
Candice (Cook Islands) - Hero
Courtney (China) - Villain
Amanda (China, Micronesia) - Hero
James (China, Micronesia) - Hero (third time Amanda and James will start out on the same tribe)
Sugar (Gabon) - Hero
Randy (Gabon) - Villain
JT (Tocantins) - Hero
Coach (Tocantins) - Villain
Tyson (Tocantins) - Villain
Russell H. (Samoa) - Villain
I'm not too thrilled with the group overall but there are some in there that I'm really looking forward to seeing again. Jeff Probst said in a Emmy red carpet interview that S20 is going to be one of his favorite seasons, which may or may not be a good sign--although the fact that he promoted the season that doesn't start for four months and didn't say anything about the current one isn't exactly too reassuring for Samoa.

Some people who were supposedly considered but didn't make the final cut: Gervase (Borneo), Jenna L. (Borneo, All-Stars), Colleen (Borneo--she turned them down once again), Tina (Outback, All-Stars), Big Tom (Africa), a lot of people from Marquesas (I would've loved to see Marquesas redux--Hunter, Gina, John, Sean, Neleh), Jenna M (Amazon, All-Stars), Rafe (Guatemala--he turned it down), Shane (Panama), Jonathan (Cook Islands, Micronesia), Ozzy (Cook Islands, Micronesia), Natalie (Micronesia--she was flown out as an alternate), Sierra (Tocantins) and Shambo (Samoa). I'm not entirely sure how accurate some of these are, and there were probably others. Richard Hatch of course was invited but the judge refused to let him go.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A question and a comment...

Has SAMOA finished taping? How long ago?

Also, how difficult is it going to be on Winners
night at the Ed Sullivan Theater for Russell to
sit with all his fellow survivor contestants after
they have had the chance to watch the show
and all his comments about them being "stupid"
and "playing into his hands?"

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Someone is going to come on with the exact time but I believe they finished filming months ago.

As for Russell, judging his personality from what I have seen on the program, it won't be hard at all.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some people might get butthurt from Russell's comments, but that's life. Me, I sort of let all of his comments and antics just glaze over because I'm tired of his contribution to the show at this point, but that's how I choose to deal with his presence on the show for now.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Also, was in a doctors office reading EW magazine. It was talking about a medical emergency in one of the challenges. Doubt it ends with someone leaving the show, but I'll spoiler.

Apparently it's a large maze with one person strapped inside a large ball. The rest of the tribe is blind folded and getting directions from the person inside the ball, who is very dizzy being pushed around the maze by blind people. Someone is dehydrated and collapses mid challenge. Jeff is forced to stop the challenge and medical runs in.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, missing 'Manda...

With her hair pulled back a bit, Kelly looked pretty good.

I'll miss mimicking BRussell's voice when spoke. It was fun.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You know, despite the "Villain" tag to Russel H, you have to respect his effort in the game. Really, putting aside his game-playing, he's been surprisingly blunt with people and has busted a-- in the challenges and elsewhere so that even teammates who don't care for him view him as necessary to win.

Like or dislike him, or the antics for the camera, he's playing a really smart game.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't believe those two girls (Natalie and Liz) couldn't figure out that instead of voting for each other they should be joining together and trying to "change the game" rather than just accept their fate.

Interesting episode. First time ever, I guess: No completed challenge and no vote @ tribal council.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
^^Exactly what I was thinking. All they needed was to convince one other person and they could have changed things. Or, at the very least, the two of them could have voted for someone and hope there was a tie breaker (that is, that the guys split their vote so the result was a 2-2-1).

Monica was annoying when she was talking to Shambo; eye rolling and whatnot. I really wanted Shambo to say "You want to know why I voted for you? Because none of you bothered to tell me what the plan was so I didn't know how the vote was going."

I wish CBS hadn't spoiled the episode by practically telling us in the promo who was going to collapse. "Russell are you ok?!" That narrowed it down to two. And while the episode showed both Russells working while their respective tribes took shelter it wasn't hard to figure out who was going to go down.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sorry to see Russell go like that, I got really concerned when I saw him hanging off the edge of the table maze like dead weight.

Regarding Russell #2, I find myself becoming increasingly respectful of him despite what an obnoxious jerk he can be and the evil little stunts he pulls around camp.

There is no arguing that his attitude about game play is immaculate, I even liked his attitude about the rain.

Could I be becoming a Russell fan!? Whoa, what a concept!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I do like Russell more now. Seems he does know how to play the game and has really backed off the "burning of the socks" style moves. Actually he only did that the first night he was there. Now it just seems he is going to sit back and watch.

I was suprised how long it took someone to run into Russell's aid in the challenge. He was laying dead weight, with his face holding him up. It was kind of freaky watching him pass out the second they sat him up, his eyes looked lifeless.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup. The remaining Russell had an extremely good point about trying to improve the shelters...rather than just sitting there and complaining.

But he's still an annoying little gnome.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

With her hair pulled back a bit, Kelly looked pretty good.

I'll miss mimicking BRussell's voice when spoke. It was fun.
Kelly is a bit of a butterface. Wait... I am thinking of the right girl? I don't the names of any of the women except for Shambo. And Monica. Mmmm... Monica.

BRussell kinda sounds like Cleveland from Family Guy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Oh... that's not the Kelly I was thinking of. The butterface is the blonde on Foa Foa that has a smoking body, plain jane face, and zero personality. Kelly is cute, but what's with the Survivor hairdressers with the rat's nest hairdos? Like Erinn from last season:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The blonde on Foa Foa is Natalie. They've only got the two girls left: Natalie & Liz.

Liz is pretty tough in the challenges.

I'm still mourning the loss of Ashley.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Sorry to see Russell go like that, I got really concerned when I saw him hanging off the edge of the table maze like dead weight.

Regarding Russell #2, I find myself becoming increasingly respectful of him despite what an obnoxious jerk he can be and the evil little stunts he pulls around camp.

There is no arguing that his attitude about game play is immaculate, I even liked his attitude about the rain.

Could I be becoming a Russell fan!? Whoa, what a concept!

I was thinking the same thing regarding beginning to like Russell, especially when he said other Russell didn't deserve to go out like that and that wasn't the way he wanted to beat him, maybe he does have a heart after all!

I agree with what Jeff said about Russell's passing out being the most scared he's ever been in 19 seasons, that was truly shocking to see him pass out for the second time, his eyes looked "dead".

I was thinking all along that they would not vote anyone off this week because that would shorten the season by an episode at least, i'll bet there was a rushed meeting between Jeff and the producers after the challege.

My wife thinks they should have let both tribes eat pizza after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks