What's new

Survivor - Samoa (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I don't know if I missed it but I did not see a thread on this show yet. I am surprised since the show starts tomorrow. I am never a fan of the large group and like the classic survivor with 16 contestants and a finale two. I hope this large group does not mean we are back to a finale three.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
It seems all of the advertising on CBS is focusing on the "evil" Russell. I have never seen Survivor resort to this tactic in promoting itself. Not that I mind

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Maybe because they have never promoted an "evil" guy that they thought they would give it a shot. I like when the show has a wide variety of people. It's always good to have people to hate on the show (Coach). This guy probably will be a little over the top, and may not last long.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought the premiere was decent but it was way too much of The Russell Show. People may not remember, since he got so much airtime throughout the season, but even Coach last season only had a small scene in the Tocantins premiere. And even though I think he was aware of the cameras, Coach felt a lot more genuine. Russell's strategy seems to be "I want to dominate the edited show and get a spot on the next All-Stars season."

And it looks like he was successful on both counts, according to spoilers of the S20 cast list.
I'm not crazy about seasons with more than 16 contestants either and I definitely hope we don't have a final three to end this one. There's no easier way to ruin a finale than by pulling that, and frankly there's no easier way to drag down an entire season than by starting with 20 contestants so I'm not feeling Samoa just yet.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That sawed-off little hairless troll Russell can't last, he's being far too brazen and open about how big of a prick he's being.

He will be caught eventually if he keeps up the way he is.

mylan

Screenwriter
Does anyone else see Charles Manson in Russell? I do, his eyes suggest a complete socialpath.... he has GOT to be the most devious player to date but his tactics will write his ticket home soon I hope, Marissa stared down the devil and got burned.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought the season was off to a smashing start. I figure Russell will get his come-uppance soon enough. it seems as if the lady cop is on to him already. It can't take TOO long before the rest of the group catches on.

I'm surprised they didn't show more of the apparent rift between Marissa and that other guy. So much to squeeze into a single hour. They should have two hour season premieres to get to know the players better.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I thought the season was off to a smashing start. I figure Russell will get his come-uppance soon enough. it seems as if the lady cop is on to him already. It can't take TOO long before the rest of the group catches on.

I'm surprised they didn't show more of the apparent rift between Marissa and that other guy. So much to squeeze into a single hour. They should have two hour season premieres to get to know the players better.
I loved the show and was surprised to see a black guy that can swim really good and a first vote that did not involve age. I have watched this show every season and those things normally do not happen.

I think Russel will be voted out in the next couple of weeks and we saw so much of him because his time is limited. I must admit that I thought most of his stunts were funny and I hope he stays at least until the merge.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I enjoyed the premiere and looking forward to the whole season. Several interesting characters that will be fun to watch.

I don't mind 20 contestants, but do agree that a final 2 is more fitting than 3. It certainly is more "fair" for the 2 that struggle and make it to the end.

Russell is going to make this season interesting. I don't see him lasting too long primarily because he's been given so much promotion and so much spotlight already.

However, I bet whatever it is that is deserving of all this hype hasn't even happened yet, so it will be fun to watch it unfold.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I thought this was the weirdest season opener to date. I don't know what to think about what might happen.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe he burned the dude's socks. I know he wants to be a trouble maker, but damn.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I missed this week's show because I forgot to add it to my
Tivo. Thank God for being able to watch it on CBS online.

So, here we are. A new season of SURVIVOR, my third
one since talked into watching it three years ago -- and I
am psyched. Always been one of my favorite shows
despite my feelings its scripted to a small extent.

I will say the same thing I said at the beginning of Tocantins
in that I'm not yet really diggin' anybody. It's like starting
a book where you really don't know the characters and like
a book, by the end of the show, you are so vested in the
few people that remain.

As much of an asshole Russell is, I like the fact that
there is this little evil midget upsetting the game. I mean,
how boring would the show be without someone like this?
Not the way I would ever play the game, but certainly looking
to see if it works for him. And you know what? I hope it
works for a while and then he gets what is coming to him.

I had to laugh about how he was calling the women his
"dumbasses." It doesn't appear to be too many young,
smart women on the show this time out. Not sure if any
of them are extreme eye candy either. Usually there is
really one or two very hot women on the show, but right
now, nobody that I am personally attracted to. Perhaps
SHANBO?!

Great to see Hanson Yoo back in full force. Funny stuff!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ron, just FYI but if your enjoying the show you should consider checking out season one, I just watched it for the very first time this past week and it's actually quite amazing how simple and charming the first one was, and fun.

I felt that I wanted to see this small piece of TV history that I missed out on the first time to see how it all began and it was well worth my time, it didn't even matter that I already knew who won lol.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 is amazing--a lot of people who watch it after seeing later seasons think it moves too slowly but it's by far the most compelling group of characters ever cast on the show. If you think Russell is entertaining, there are at least a half-dozen far more memorable contestants in the first season.

Of course, it's worth watching every season but the first four seasons are especially excellent and essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks