1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Surround Sound Headphones?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by BrentJ, Feb 16, 2005.

1. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

Anyone here ever used or heard anything about them? I'm moving into an apartment soon and I will not be able to make alot of noise. Just wondering if these are a decent alternative? Thanks

2. Felix_

Felix_ Auditioning

Yes, I have heard about Sony to go for them. This would be in line with their policy also to go in Digi-Cams for recording surround sound.

I deem it to be more fashion. E.g. recording with Digi-Cam: Even good stereo sound is difficult enough.

My experience is, that you EITHER have good sound OR some fancy effects for noise.

I don't wait for god to make me 6 ears....

Where I have heard many good things: The surround-noise suppressing stereo-headphones from AKG or BOSE.

3. KenLeBlanc

KenLeBlanc Stunt Coordinator

Most receivers have a sort of "Midnight mode" that is made just for the sort of situation you are in. Even the cheaper ones have it I think. No need for headphones unless your neighbors are really sensitive to noise and then they shouldn't be in an apartment.