What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Singapore-based Creative Technology has launched the Sound Blaster X1 USB DAC plus headphone amplifier. Available direct from Creative’s online store for $69.99, the “finger” sized device (pictured below), primed for both PCs and Macs, includes the Sound Blaster acoustic engine tech combined with Super X-Fi headphone holography from the SXFI AMP. Creative says the new DAC can deliver multi-channel, high-resolution and immersive audio “down to the last detail”.
The unit is powered by a 128dB AKM4377 32-bit DAC and Ti/Burr-Brown INA1620 dual audio operational amplifier. Access to the acoustic engine is via the Creative desktop app which lays out the suite of sound processing technologies designed for both work and entertainment.
pdt_SBX1_2-1-1024x961.png
Sound Blaster’s surround virtualization promises to provide both depth and range in audio immersion for movies, music and games. A CrystalVoice feature allows smart...

Continue reading...

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Wow! I honestly thought Creative was long gone but I'm not really up on PC accessories these days. A lot of tech talk with this product. I'll have to look for some real world reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks