What's new

Surround monitor mounted on its side? (1 Viewer)

peter_van

Grip
Hi,

I'm wondering if its normal, or if there is anything wrong with mounting a standard monitor on its side? I'm thinking its fine.

I might have to do this for my surrounds in my 5.1 which will be mounted behind the listener. If you did this, I'm thinking the tweaters on the outside to maximize distance would make the most sense?

Any tips?

Thanks

Pete

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not a problem, Peter. My center and rears are all on their sides. :) The only thing is, if they're sitting on a shelf or something, they need to be flush with the front edge, to keep from interfering with the tweeter's soundwaves.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

peter_van

Grip
Awesome.. Thanks again Wayne. Mine will be mounted using likely an omnimount 30lb mount, tapped into the side of the speaker (effectively making these permanent side mounted monitors ;-)

P

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You alter the dispersion pattern, but overall it should still work. I've done it in the past as well.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
In fact it may sound better that way. I got a mild surprise with my main audio system when I did that with the speakers and liked the result better. I think it had something to do with the interaction of a nearby wall but I can't say for sure.

peter_van

Grip
Will do.. have another 3 weeks till the build is finished, but needed to validate the general setup so I could get something into the wall to mount on.

Thanks all for the tips.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks