What's new

Suggestions on Subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Rob.R.S

Auditioning
I am going to look at a couple of sets of speakers - Mirage Satellites and Paradigm cinema series (two suggestions given to me that both come in white) Does anyone have suggestions for a subwoofer that would work well with hk520 for large room? 17'-24' two stories

Chris Bone

Agent
The "New Larger Subwoofer" by VMPS! Like SVS you just cannot go wrong with this sub. It just depends on your space requirements and rather you can live with a large box or a tall tube.

Regards,

Chris

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
What kind of budget are you looking at for the subwoofer? You do need a good sub or two(or three or four...:)) for such a large room

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,

If you have a pretty big room, perhaps you have the space for slightly larger speakers? I was all set to buy the Paradigm Cinema Series because of their small size (I have a small apartment) and because they came in white. Searching the Forum revealed the repeated advice that whenever you could go with bookshelfs over satellites, do so.

I considered how much space was I really saving. Since I had more room up front, I had decided on Paradigm Titans for the mains, and then I could always go with Cinema Series for the surrounds (since this was where the real space issue was). I got advice that while this would "work," if you could go with something like the Atoms in the back, it would be much fuller. A tech at Paradigm concurred. So I got Atom's in white, and while yes, they are bigger, it's not so bad, and I think the sound is better. Since your room is significantly bigger than mine, perhaps you could fit the bigger speakers even easier.

Oh, and for the sub, I have the PDR-10. It is more than enough for my small space, but if you have the space and budget, the SVS would obviously be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks