What's new

Subwoofer question (1 Viewer)

Franklyn

Auditioning
I have got a seating position on a riser with plywood on 2x6's in the back "row" of my HT. This rests on my concrete basement floor. I notice that during low frequencey sounds that the floor vibrates some. I like the effect and am considering getting a second sub that I would modify to fire down to enhance to effect on the floor. My question is: Could I get by with a cheap one if I turned the crossover way down so that it would only produce the rumbles and not alot of audible sound? I don't want to pollute the soundfield with a tubby cheap sub, but would like some additional physical rumbles. I realize there are other products that do this but this seems like it wouldn't be alot of trouble to do. Opinions...?

Brian Crowe

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like you're looking for more of a transducer than a speaker. Have you looked at the Aura bass shakers or the Buttkicker? They don't make audible bass, just rumbles.
~Crowe~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks