What's new

Subwoofer Calibration Question... (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I realize that this has probably been beaten to death, but I need an opinion.

I am re-calibration my speakers after moving them around. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of either VE or AVIA so I must use the test tones in my Yamaha RX-V595 receiver. This is acceptable for now. Since the last calibration I have added a subwoofer. After calibration, can I use the THX calibration tones from the T2 UE to incorporate the sub into the mix?

Thanks in advance as you guys have been very helpful so far.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Does the 595 allow for seperate leveling of the mains? I have the 495 and short of playing with the balance knob I can do nothing to adjust the mains... Its a big pet peeve of mine and will ultimately earn the 495 a spot in the bedroom (or worse, the closet, under my old SuperNES and Playstation)

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
Dolby says "when in doubt use the receivers test tone's" I have read that some of the THX optimode recordings are in error,you can try it as a comparison or at least get another data point.

John Gido

Second Unit
Thanks for the replys. No, unfortunately the 595 does not allow for separate volume control of the L & R mains. The manual recommends using the balance knob. Also, the test tones do not include a subwoofer test tone. That is why I want to use the THX Optimode tones on the T2 UE disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks