What's new

subtitles popping up (1 Viewer)

Joe DC

Agent
I'm currently using a Denon DVD 900 wired thru component cable to my RPTV. I have recently noticed that subtitles would sometimes 'pop up' when watching DVD movies; (I have not noticed this problem with my musical DVDs). This happens every time I watch a DVD movie and not just certain movies. Sometimes it's different parts of the movie when watched at another time. I always have the option off when I watch, besides, the default option is set to off everytime you change DVDs. When replaying the scene where the subtitle came 'on', there is no subtitle. Pressing the subtitle option on the remote shows that this option is off.
What's going on? Have other members with this player experienced this problem? I may have to take it back to my dealer and have it checked out which I am planning to do.
These are some of the movies I have recently viewed in widescreen where my 'subtitle problem' have existed: Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
The Lion King
The Core
Scarface

ty_diaz

Agent
I have watched The Lion King, Finding Nemo and The Core and didn't have that problem. Have you tried contacting Denon support? they may be of some help before going back to the dealer.

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
I had that happen with the movie Ronin on a new DVD player I bought last year. (can't remember the model cuz its at my cabin)

Contacted the manufacturer who replaced it. The new machine did the same thing. About that time it was learned all of that model had that problem with certain DVD's.

It was not a Devon but try your movies on another machine. I am thinking that's your problem, not the DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks