What's new

sub amp plate in canada.. (1 Viewer)

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know were i can buy a sub amp plate in canada? toronto area if possible..i know you can get one from partsexpress,but have to pay duty at the border.........

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
http://www.creativesound.ca/
You can get the Adire AVA250 and HS series amps. He also has what looks like the PE 300-792.
If you decide to order from the States though, order through Acoustic Visions. And if you use USPS you can save on brokerage and stuff. There will be no duty, as the amps are American made.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Recently, I ordered a plate amp from Parts Express. They will be shipping via US Postal International Air Mail....no other option available during the checkout. As a result, there should be no brokerage fees....only PST, GST and a CDN$5 customs handling fee...that's typical of most orders via USPS. This is my first order from Parts Express.

Others have ordered and received their stuff from Parts Express should hopefully confirm my expectations.

Dave

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
hey dave are you going to use it for bass shakers?
can you let me know how much it cost to send it? thanks............

DavidY

Supporting Actor
The shipping on part No. 300-794 (250W sub amp) from Parts Express was US$34.60.

Dave

DavidY

Supporting Actor
That's just the shipping price by Parts Express. Taxes will be extra. A CDN$5 customs handling fee will be charged too. There should be NO duty as far as I understand....otherwise, I would have ordered the Adire amp AVA250 from Creative Sound instead.

The Parts Express amp hasn't shipped yet as it's still on backorder.

Dave

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the ones that SVS use. I think they are called BASH amps and they are out of Ontario.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
If you really can't find anything, I have a friend going home for Chinese New Year next weekend, and I suppose if you gave me the money up front, I could order it from PE and get it to him by Friday, and you could meet up with him somewhere in Toronto, if he's up for it. It won't be a free service, but it won't be as much as shipping from the states either. LMK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks