What's new

stylus for Sony turntable (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Why wouldn't the cartridge be upgradeable? (What kind is installed?)

There should be no reason why you can't either get a replacement stylus for the cartridge or just get another cartridge altogether. Simply select one that's of the correct mass for the Sony's tonearm.

Sathyan

Second Unit
There should be no reason why you can't either get a replacement stylus for the cartridge or just get another cartridge altogether. Simply select one that's of the correct mass for the Sony's tonearm.
I'm sure I can get a replacement. But I don't have the manual so don't know the specs (& Sony doesn't have manuals for download). I could contact Sony about this (and may later) but was hoping someone on HTF would know the answer.

thanks
Sathyan

Sathyan

Second Unit
** Bump **

Here's the story: I've discovered a local store which has (to the eye) pristine LP's for $0.25 each. I've bought around a hundred so far including Bernstein, Szell, Ormandy, Rampal, Isaac Stern and (in the non-classical realm) Santana.
Now I don't have a record player. My dad has a Sony automatic table (which is the backup for the backup for his main player) that I'm thinking of requesting but I want to find out some info first. I'm trying to figure out how much it's going to cost to operate this Sony player. My brother (he uses a Project 1.2 with a Grado Gold cart) pays $90 every other month to replace his ground down stylus - that would be too much. Reminds me of Inkjet Printer carts. (But I do have to admit his system sounds awesome for Vinyl; Roksan Kandy Integrated Amp & Mirage OM10 loudspeakers)
So does anyone have this Sony PS-LX250 and know what stylus it takes? how much it costs? where to get it? (I'm hoping its on that Sony list from NeedleDoctor; they ranged from $20-$30.) And how many hours it will last?

I'm sure the cartridge can't be changed (last time I looked, I saw no way to detach it; and no adjustments like VTA are available)

thanks
Sathyan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks