What's new

Stupid parental situation........ (2 Viewers)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

It seems to me that Cam is more bothered by the logic of it than the behavioral issues, if any.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

It seems to me that Cam is more bothered by the logic of it than the behavioral issues, if any.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
"Could you come look at this and tell me if you think it's infected?"

"Can you come over? I want to ask your opinion on whether this carpet sample matches my couch?"

Ahhh.. the things I used to say to lure girls over when I was 18.
:D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
"Could you come look at this and tell me if you think it's infected?"

"Can you come over? I want to ask your opinion on whether this carpet sample matches my couch?"

Ahhh.. the things I used to say to lure girls over when I was 18.
:D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Cam-

Life isn't perfect, people are idiots, logic and rationality have little to do with people's relationships. Unless you think there is some sort of inappropriate hanky panky between the 40 yr old neightbor and your 18 yr old daughter, forget about it and move on.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Cam-

Life isn't perfect, people are idiots, logic and rationality have little to do with people's relationships. Unless you think there is some sort of inappropriate hanky panky between the 40 yr old neightbor and your 18 yr old daughter, forget about it and move on.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
10:30 isn't that late, especially for an 18 yr old. So wipe that from your weird list.

Is she friends with this couple? When I was that age I had a couple 40ish couple friends and would have popped up to their house at the drop of a hat if they called. Nothing out of the ordinary in my case. (Other than we drank a few beers on occasion. Something you'd have to have your head examined for if you're over 21 and with an minor these days.)

On the other hand, if I were really calling for something specific. I'd say something like "could you come over for a question". So I'm not really buying that.

So my guess is she's interacting with these people as peers and doesn't particualerly want you to know what they're doing/discussing. Whether that's okay or not is pretty much based on what the rest of her lfe is like. If you can generally trust her then drop it. If you can't, then you probably have a bigger problem.

Now didn't your wife say *why* she thought it was okay.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
10:30 isn't that late, especially for an 18 yr old. So wipe that from your weird list.

Is she friends with this couple? When I was that age I had a couple 40ish couple friends and would have popped up to their house at the drop of a hat if they called. Nothing out of the ordinary in my case. (Other than we drank a few beers on occasion. Something you'd have to have your head examined for if you're over 21 and with an minor these days.)

On the other hand, if I were really calling for something specific. I'd say something like "could you come over for a question". So I'm not really buying that.

So my guess is she's interacting with these people as peers and doesn't particualerly want you to know what they're doing/discussing. Whether that's okay or not is pretty much based on what the rest of her lfe is like. If you can generally trust her then drop it. If you can't, then you probably have a bigger problem.

Now didn't your wife say *why* she thought it was okay.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

Insisting to two (2) women that you are right (even if you are) has never done any man any good.

If they feel what they did is OK, no explanation/reasoning in the world is going to change it.

What would you rather be, right or happy?

You have to learn brush such things off.

--
H - Lots of emphasis in this post...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

Insisting to two (2) women that you are right (even if you are) has never done any man any good.

If they feel what they did is OK, no explanation/reasoning in the world is going to change it.

What would you rather be, right or happy?

You have to learn brush such things off.

--
H - Lots of emphasis in this post...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Cam, with all the things you hear about these days, I don't see anything wrong with you being concerned over a neighbor doing what they did.

Secrecy (especially at night) always calls for suspicion.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Cam, with all the things you hear about these days, I don't see anything wrong with you being concerned over a neighbor doing what they did.

Secrecy (especially at night) always calls for suspicion.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
She's 18, she is responsible for her own actions now. Let her do whatever she wants and learn the hard way.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
She's 18, she is responsible for her own actions now. Let her do whatever she wants and learn the hard way.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
You can't control everything an 18 year old is going to do. They have to learn by making their own mistakes and you hope those mistakes are little ones.

I trust my sons (20,18,16) to use good judgement based upon how my wife and I have raised them. I encourage them to be responsible. I talk to them about taking risks and having to deal with the results. Other than that, they are growing up and are going to have to deal with the results of the decisions they make.

I don't lose a lot of sleep over what they are doing every minute of the day. I don't even want to know what they are doing every minute of the day.

I think we've done a good job in raising them. I trust them. The rest is up to them.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
You can't control everything an 18 year old is going to do. They have to learn by making their own mistakes and you hope those mistakes are little ones.

I trust my sons (20,18,16) to use good judgement based upon how my wife and I have raised them. I encourage them to be responsible. I talk to them about taking risks and having to deal with the results. Other than that, they are growing up and are going to have to deal with the results of the decisions they make.

I don't lose a lot of sleep over what they are doing every minute of the day. I don't even want to know what they are doing every minute of the day.

I think we've done a good job in raising them. I trust them. The rest is up to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks