What's new

Stuffing (1 Viewer)

warrick

Stunt Coordinator
Ok Folks,

I am putting a sonosub together and have seen stuffing put into the subs but would like to know how to determine how much and if this needs to be taken into account when the calculations are made for volume of the tube.

Regards

Warrick

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it's ported, you'll most likely want to just line the interior walls with some poly-batting material.

If it's sealed, the rule of thumb is 16 ounces of stuffing for every cubic foot of internal volume.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is there a need to line all of the visible areas of the sides and endcaps? I have some eggfoam stuff plus the smooth foamy stuff. I was planning to line about 80-85% of the walls with the eggfoam, and about 70% of the endcaps with the smooth stuff. Is that ok?

Ryan T

Second Unit
i'm building a sealed tempest and I have a question about stuffing also. My box is going to be 230 L internal, how much stuffing should I use? I was going to buy a bad of polyfil but its $33 for 5 lb bag! Do I really need to buy palyfil, or can I just use poly batting from walmart($5 per bag at walmart).

Ryan

Travis G

Stunt Coordinator
You don't need to stuff ported speaker enclosures (or any enclosures for that matter.) But if space is a big concern it can help you increase the compliance of the air in the box without increasing the box size.
Link Removed

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks. I will line the sides and endcaps but not 100% coverage. I don't want to dampen the sub too much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks