What's new

stuffing the speaker (1 Viewer)

Dave_La

Stunt Coordinator
I recently opened my speaker just to look inside. I noticed there is very little stuffing to dampen the resonance. Only 30% stuffed. My question is should I stuff the thing myself. If yes, where can I get stuffing like that (polyester I think). Just in case you guys are wondering it's a Paradigm Titan. My Phantom unlike the Titan is well stuffed.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
You can buy it at walmart for a couple bucks per 12-20 ounces. It's polyester fiberfill. If your titans sound fine to you then I wouldn't add any more stuffing. If they sound a bit hollow to you, then adding the stuffing will solve that. Sometimes companies screw up and dont add enough or any, but that's very rare. Careful though, adding too much filling will make your speakers sound fuller but muddy.

By adding the stuffing, you're "unengineering" the speakers, that could be good or bad depending on the company, but with paradigm I'd say you wouldn't need to modify the filling amount. Basically, if they sound right to you, then don't mess with the filling. You could experiment though, that never hurts, just make sure you know how much you added in case you want to go back to the original configuration. You could spraypaint the new filling a different color so you know what you added.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks