What's new

Still Waiting for "Waiting for Guffman" (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
I read the post below about the DVD and was amazed to hear that it is available. I've been all over our area looking for this title with no success. I've tried Circuit City, Costco, Best Buy, and Spec's. All those merchant didn't have the title and have no record of a release date...yet I've read that it was released on the Aug 21. Where did you guys buy this title....This is one film I have been really waiting for.
Thanks Guys and Gals
------------------
"I like your style Dude".
"Well, I dig your style too, man. Got that whole cowboy thing goin".

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Bought one of seven copies at a Best Buy in Oklahoma City yesterday morning. . .
-mwb-
------------------
Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
May 22, 2002

Jodee

Screenwriter
A title like this is something I always pre-order online.
Unless it's a big box-office hit like Forrest Gump or Hannibal, usually Best Buy and the like either don't get it at all, or get it a few weeks after street date. It's a trend I've noticed.
I didn't pre-order Bamboozled when it came out and my husband really wanted a copy. So I figured I'd just pick it up at Best Buy or Borders. No one had it on street date. You'd think that a Spike Lee movie would warrant getting a few copies in. I ended up ordering it online and received it that week. I noticed by Best Buy got it in 3 weeks later.
Unless it's an advertised new release, I think the smaller new releases just get mixed in with their regualr shipments and show up whenever. I think they only get the bigger titles drop-shipped to them by release date.

Gary Lisker

Auditioning
Pre-ordered mine at Deep Discount DVD, and it came yesterday. Great movie, funny deleted scenes, can't wait to check out the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks