What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Stephen J. Cannell dead at age 69... (1 Viewer)

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently, he died of melanoma:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/101412_A_Team_21_Jump_Street_Producer_Stephen_J_Cannell_Passes_Away/

Lord knows, I watched a bunch of his shows growing up. At least he has his family, shows, and books as a lasting legacy.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Really sad news, always have greatest american hero and 21 jump street, in constant rotation on my dvd players.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
He gave us some fun and interesting shows. I didn't know that he was that prolific as far as writing novels is concerned.

May he rest in peace.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Man, only 69... a great loss for 80s and 90s television. Hope everyone will be sure to get a skin check every year just in case to prevent someone you love from being lost in the same way.

Executive

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Margulis
WISEGUY was Cannell's best TV series.....at least until Ken Wahl quit at the end of the 3rd Season,

and they ruined the show bringing in Steven Bauer as Michael Santana.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jeez, thats terrible what a week.

Didn't he appear on Castle a few times?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i just seen the announcement last night. I was sadden with his loss, especially the wonderful shows that he wrote for like a-team, rockford files, hunter, etc. I am glad that i have several of his series on dvd as fitting tribute to him.

It is sad that we continue to lose legacy actors/writers. TV/movies of the past reflect some very excellent acting/writers. The actors/writers today could learn a page from the past actors/writers on how to act and write scripts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks