What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

R.I.P. Tim Beddows, founder of Network Distributing (1 Viewer)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just learned of the sad news that Tim Beddows, founder and managing director of the wonderful U.K. label Network Distributing, died suddenly earlier this week at the too-young age of 59.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/tim-be...haA23LLYsUPmxwrBDs8FycvLcYqoHEOXCRR4-dicr4ceo

I never met or corresponded with Tim, but from all I've heard about him, he sounds like he was an all-around great guy, and fans of archive British films and television owe him a huge debt for the long list of rare, not-so-rare and totally obscure gems released by Network on DVD and Blu-Ray over the years, nearly all of them at a uniformly high standard of quality. I know a huge percentage of my personal UK TV library is made up of Network releases. I'm especially thankful for the loving care that Mr Beddows and his colleagues at Network have lavished on my beloved ITC shows. His company's releases have brought me countless hours of viewing pleasure and will continue to do so for years to come.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Just learned of the sad news that Tim Beddows, founder and managing director of the wonderful U.K. label Network Distributing, died suddenly earlier this week at the too-young age of 59.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/tim-be...haA23LLYsUPmxwrBDs8FycvLcYqoHEOXCRR4-dicr4ceo

I never met or corresponded with Tim, but from all I've heard about him, he sounds like he was an all-around great guy, and fans of archive British films and television owe him a huge debt for the long list of rare, not-so-rare and totally obscure gems released by Network on DVD and Blu-Ray over the years, nearly all of them at a uniformly high standard of quality. I know a huge percentage of my personal UK TV library is made up of Network releases. I'm especially thankful for the loving care that Mr Beddows and his colleagues at Network have lavished on my beloved ITC shows. His company's releases have brought me countless hours of viewing pleasure and will continue to do so for years to come.

Let’s hope his successor will continue the vintage program
because I am impatient to get the BD of the long hour Danger Man.
Be seeing you.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn

Sad to hear about this. Thanks for letting us know this, Jeff. Almost all of my UK stuff is from Network and I would be missing lots of all-time faves without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rferoni
Recent bookmarks